The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's My RedPill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Oh, that is sweet! Nice job Rick.

Humm, I wonder if I could trim one of those up for the Boss?

I guess not, it too high tech for my 12 Boss.

But it sure looks sweet in your GT350.

Have fun,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro said:
Oh, that is sweet! Nice job Rick.

Humm, I wonder if I could trim one of those up for the Boss?

I guess not, it too high tech for my 12 Boss.

But it sure looks sweet in your GT350.

Have fun,
Dave
302 Hi Pro
Thanks! Are the Ford RSD kits no longer available for the S197?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
VoodooBOSS said:
It will be a couple of weeks until I install these but they sure look nice.

They look just like mine. Sulivan's I reckon. Gonna look sweet in your 350.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a while since I updated this thread. In the past two months I:

Installed MM CC plates
Resonator Delete
Watson Racing Roll Bar
Schroth ASM Harnesses
SRP Pedals
Carbon2Carbon CF R look wing and splitter
N4SM 19x11 R look wheels
Michelin PSC2 tires

More photos tomorrow.

And finally after waiting for almost nine months my new Bell GP.3 Carbon helmet arrived just in time for two track days this week.

IMG_8952.JPG
IMG_8950.JPG
IMG_8951.JPG

Last edited:
302 Hi Pro said:
New caliper mounting studs?

2HP
I fixed that for you. Yes. The first set was installed yesterday and hopefully I'll get mine installed in the next week or so. I've been concerned about screwing the steel bolt into the aluminum knuckle with 135 ft lbs of torque from the beginning. Funny thing is Porsche GT3's have nearly identical fixed bridge calipers with the same issue and a shop named Tarett has a similar kit for the Porsche's.

Rick, installed my Tob-design caliper bolts yesterday. The fitment was perfect and they will make pad changes a breeze. You're gonna love them.

VoodooBOSS said:
I fixed that for you. Yes. The first set was installed yesterday and hopefully I'll get mine installed in the next week or so. I've been concerned about screwing the steel bolt into the aluminum knuckle with 135 ft lbs of torque from the beginning. Funny thing is Porsche GT3's have nearly identical fixed bridge calipers with the same issue and a shop named Tarett has a similar kit for the Porsche's.

Tarett makes incredibly good stuff.

fuhrius said:
Tarett makes incredibly good stuff.

With respect to the studs they sell, they are made from the same manufacturer as the ones I'm having done.

I'll have something together soon. I was just going to get started installing the last R model caliper (driver's side rear) on my car and noticed this...

z0823161401_HDR_resized.jpg

So after bleeding it's off to the dealer. Grrr!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel