The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Who will be the first to post pics of their Boss on BossMustangsOnline?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
jimprw said:
S197s ended with 2009s? What are 2010's +?

Thanks to everyone for the compliments on the Bullitt. It still looks about the same after 3 years other than a few minor chips and scratches from daily driving. In an ideal world I could keep it and get a Boss, but unless I win that two-Boss raffle it is not in the cards. I love the performance and idea of the Boss, but when I look at the styling the Bullitt wins for me. I might end up keeping it and doing some mods since the Boss would end up costing me so much and I just can't say it is completely worth it for me. I have to look at it in the garage and drive it daily- the track time will be minimal in comparison, and the Bullitt is not too shabby on the track itself.

Maybe I'll feel differently when I see and hear a Boss in person (I doubt I'll get to drive one first). I don't like to buy things sight unseen, especially a major purchase like this.

BTW the 2010+ is still an S197.

OK here we go guys. First off I'm no photographer :) The weather's terrible here today so the pics are inside under poor light. It's raining cats and dogs with some small hail right now and basically rained all day :( So, the car's pretty dirty. I decided since it was like a snow day from school, it was time to make the best of it. Today I had them get as much done as possible. We put in the Aeroforce gauge in the A/C pod, put it on the lift and pulled the discs, bolted on the transmission cooling scoop and then cut and pasted the brake cooling kit in :-\. Since the car was still dirty I had them send it across the street to get the window tinting done. I was going to pick it up tonight, but since it was so cool and wet, they wanted to keep it inside to fully dry. They'll take it back across the street tomorrow to finish up the PDI. The funny thing is half the mods were on before I even wrote them a check. It's great to have such a good relationship with your dealer.

The trans cooling scoop does hang down about 1" or so from the bottom of the K-member. Since it's almost even with the front tires, speed bumps shouldn't be an issue. However, if you straddled driving over something laying in the road it's possible you could catch it I suppose.

Attachments

• 078.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 907
  • 074.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 877
  • 075.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 882
  • 075.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 530
Here are some pics of the surgery required for the brake cooling kit:

Attachments

• brake kit.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,458
  • brake kit 1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 605
  • brake kit 2.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,478
  • brake kit 3.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 618
ufnavy06 said:
Even with the yellow light there, that CO looks killer! Good choice!
Thanks! Yea the lighting in the body shop was about as bad as you could get. I should have taken a picture out in the service bay where it was better, but it does look good. It really looks great as a package.

I thought were were getting a diff cover with drain and fill plus, but I guess not. At least the axle's painted this time! Not so on our GT500 or Bullitts!

Dean#4AI said:
Great pics Gary. Thanks for posting.

I'm surprised that the brake hose kit took so much modification. I thought it would be pretty much plug and play. :-\
Me too. I didn't expect it to take that much either. The general sales manager had installed his on his 2011 GT the night before and wrestled with it to make it work. It appeared that was the only way to make it work. It would be interesting to see how it's routed on the Laguna Seca, as maybe there's a way around that. Once you have yours you can see if those modifications were made or if there's a way to route around them.

Are you accessing this page from your phone or your computer? If from your computer, email the picture from your phone to yourself and save to your computer. Then below where it says "Attach", browse to your picture on your computer and double click it.

Gary your car looks awesome! I hope you get to drive it tomorrow. How do you like the Recaro's? ;)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Great notes on the brake cooling kit install, will have to use some of your methods when my car arrives. Pictures are worth 1000 words indeed. Looks like my dremel will see some more action!

Finally...thanks for the pics and congratulations. I think I speak for many here when I say we're indeed living through you vicariously at the moment. Look forward to monitoring your progress and getting driving impressions!

By the way, I don't have an options drop down allowing me to attach pics or files. How do I get that enabled?

Jim

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
jimprw said:
Finally...thanks for the pics and congratulations. I think I speak for many here when I say we're indeed living through you vicariously at the moment. Look forward to monitoring your progress and getting driving impressions!

By the way, I don't have an options drop down allowing me to attach pics or files. How do I get that enabled?

Jim

Jim--when you reply and want to attach an image, you need to click the "Insert Image" button. It's the 3rd one over on the 2nd row of buttons.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel