The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
Nice picture of the Boss :D
I have the same Boss. ;D Nice of them to send out the free calendars.

drano38

Wayne
2012YellowBoss said:
I got two sets of the DBA's to add to the collection also, nice to see I am not the only insane person here ::)

Insane? No, we're simply committed to the sport. And we procure disposable items at great sale prices when able. ;D
My econ undergrad and MBA are why I'm saving so much money on this sport. :D

drano38

Wayne
Well, with that pic, yes, I'd agree with you. ;D
Have you heard of an invention from a few years ago called a garage? ;)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Scott
I thought my wife was tolerant :eek:
I only have an oil pan and some oil filters in the dining room,
Where do you keep the road force balancer? ;D

BTW my Tiger hood came in and we fit it up today, body man said it was one of the best fiberglass hoods he has seen, 20.3 lbs per the tape on the bottom. Paul Brown also does a great job with the packing, I am using it to store my stock hood. Pics to follow.
Steve

drano38

Wayne
2012YellowBoss said:
drano38 said:
Well, with that pic, yes, I'd agree with you. ;D
Have you heard of an invention from a few years ago called a garage? ;)

It's full ::) I need a big workshop out back like some other people have :mad:

You mean something about 30'x44'? - poke
Yes, I like my new man cave, but I wish I would have made it 48' wide, which is the max per city ordnance. Oh well, I think I can make it work. Follow a builder's advice--no one complains about a garage being too big.
Best of all--materials, concrete, and heater are free--still waiting on those bills.
20111126135733.jpg

steveespo said:
I only have an oil pan and some oil filters in the dining room,

That's the living room, the dining room has two toploaders, engine hoist and some engine stands (no joke) BTW I'm not married.

It is kind of a lot, I had two track sets for heat cycling and in case I cut a tire at the track. I bought the NT01's there to test run them and shortly there after fell into the slicks. Then I had to get a set of rims for them ::)

drano38 said:
You mean something about 30'x44'? - poke
Yep, that is sweet. Someday I will build my dream house - an eight car garage and workshop with an attached room big enough for a bed, TV and fridge :D

drano38

Wayne
Well, you could move up to Motorsport Park Hastings, NE---a nice variety of on-track condo sites are still available. ;D But they're not for full-time residence, and you'd have to adapt to "winter". ;)

I now have my track key installed so my next mod's will probably be a MGW shifter and LCA's.I don't like the stock shifter seems cheap and my car seem's to wheel hop in first and hear aftermarket LCA's will cure this.

jake74 said:
I now have my track key installed so my next mod's will probably be a MGW shifter and LCA's.I don't like the stock shifter seems cheap and my car seem's to wheel hop in first and hear aftermarket LCA's will cure this.

You might want to just replace the upper control arm. It worked for me. It is an adjustable version so if I lower the rear suspension someday, I will be all set to adjust the pinion angle.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Pics of my Tiger Racing 302S hood, Bolted right up continued to fit up hood pins. The gel coat is a pretty good match for Performance White almost tempted not to paint.

IMG00284-20120114-1206.jpg
IMG00286-20120114-1302.jpg
IMG00287-20120114-1331.jpg

Will be doing Wood Brothers Red inset of vent with pinstripe surround. Underside white framing with satin black center under vents. Also have CF decklid arriving on Thursday with a RTR aluminum spoiler.
Steve

steveespo said:
Pics of my Tiger Racing 302S hood, Bolted right up continued to fit up hood pins. The gel coat is a pretty good match for Performance White almost tempted not to paint.

IMG00284-20120114-1206.jpg
IMG00286-20120114-1302.jpg
IMG00287-20120114-1331.jpg

Will be doing Wood Brothers Red inset of vent with pinstripe surround. Underside white framing with satin black center under vents. Also have CF decklid arriving on Thursday with a RTR aluminum spoiler.
Steve

...Gotta love that lic plate# ;D ;D ;D

steveespo said:

Looks great, I can not see any difference in the white.

You guys keep posting these hood pics I may be forced to get one :mad:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel