The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jza1736 said:
Around $750 for FG. 20 lbs
Around $1500 for CF 13 lbs
But add $200 for the crate and shipping. Then $500 for paint and installation.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Rick hit the number on the head. I am going with the WB red on the vent center similar to Gary's black, red roof panel and red deck lid top. This morning I fabricated some .040 aluminum headlight covers that also will be WB red with white #21 TV numbers on the right front. Figured it's a good idea to protect the lenses why not do it with a little NASCAR flair, gonna use 3M ez pass style velcro to secure them on track.
My last major winter mod will be the Sparco Circuit plus seat and FIA 6 point harness, and either a maximum motorsports or cool tech 4 point roll bar. I think I spent all of my track day money this winter :'(
Steve

steveespo said:
Rick hit the number on the head. I am going with the WB red on the vent center similar to Gary's black, red roof panel and red deck lid top.
Steve
Yeah that's my favorite look on this hood. I can't wait to see it all finished, it's going to look sweet. When you are all finished with the outside be sure to take some nice photos and post them.

Regarding the price I also have to pay sales tax. :mad:

Jza1736 said:
Jza1736 said:

Mine is CF total was 1560 shipped to NY. Hood locks were $60 for 4

Is that Tiger CF hood a finished CF surface, or must it be painted?
Also, is anyone using hood pins all around & eliminating the hood hinges, etc?

lbp said:
Jza1736 said:
Jza1736 said:

How is the underside, - hairy or clean?
Thx.

It comes with an off white gel coat. I went with 4 hood pins and kept my hinges. You can see tons of pics here

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/boss-302j-work-progress-497601/

lbp said:
Jza1736 said:
Jza1736 said:

They sell a race version of the hood you can get that eliminates the factory latch. I didn't ask about the hinges, but I'm assuming that would be an option as well.

drano38

Wayne
The big brown truck stopped by today. The driver must have thought I was crazy.

Eight Nitto NT-05 275/40/18.
Should work well on the Enkei wheels I picked up a couple weeks ago, and the GT500 wheels that I'll get in the next couple months.
Now for a Strano sway bar (or front/rear set) to run square.

20120118195039.jpg

drano38 said:
The big brown truck stopped by today. The driver must have thought I was crazy.

Eight Nitto NT-05 275/40/18.
Should work well on the Enkei wheels I picked up a couple weeks ago, and the GT500 wheels that I'll get in the next couple months.
Now for a Strano sway bar (or front/rear set) to run square.

20120118195039.png

I don't know if you have another set of rims? a good heat cycle works well with the overall wear of these tires.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel