The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
ArizonaGT said:
Steeda shifter bushing: Installed.
Diff Fluid: Changed.
Any difference in shifting?

By the way, drove the Boss today, 40 and sunny, shouldn't happen February up here..ever....but it's awesome 8)

Uh, I'll let you know later. Only drove the car about 20 feet moving from the middle of the garage to "my side" of the garage after the work was done :eek:

Global Warming, baby! ;D
Running my first time trials event next weekend, expecting to dominate my class but we'll see who shows up.

Looks good. Now if you can start driving flat out... : )

Thanks guys. Yea I'm afraid I'll REALLY start driving flat out now. I took it for a shove after I got them installed and it was really tough to stay even remotely close to street driving. Getting strapped in like that makes you just want to run like your hair's on fire. :eek:

My car came without seats so it is either the Racetech 4000 or a turned over milk crate.

I have a CG Lock from my Evo days, since I didn't want to cut the car to install a harness properly plus I am not big on fixed seats in a car without at least a 4 pt. It works pretty well for keeping you in place and it is cheap. Anyone tracking their car without a harness, I would recommend it.

http://www.cg-lock.com/index.html

Looks like the price went up, but you can find discount codes on google.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Nice setup Gary, you are inching closer to race car every day :)

Regarding that shifter bushing--definite improvement, it's like all the slop was removed from the shifter, it feels much "tighter". The gates are now much more defined. No increase in effort. Works well at WOT shifts.
I used the stiffer of the two bushings, only a barely-perceptible increase in NVH (I am pretty picky about this), most people won't notice.

Will know for certain if it helps by this coming weekend at the track.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Yeah I won't be able to test 5th at this particular track, but that is one of the shifts that has always worried me. Have to be very deliberate with that one or risk popping back into 3rd, which would be disastrous at that speed.

ArizonaGT said:
Yeah I won't be able to test 5th at this particular track, but that is one of the shifts that has always worried me. Have to be very deliberate with that one or risk popping back into 3rd, which would be disastrous at that speed.

Anyone tried a Barton shifter?
...I have one but need to get the "P" car off the lift...
;D ;D ;D

ArizonaGT said:

Regarding that shifter bushing--definite improvement, it's like all the slop was removed from the shifter, it feels much "tighter". The gates are now much more defined. No increase in effort. Works well at WOT shifts.
I used the stiffer of the two bushings, only a barely-perceptible increase in NVH (I am pretty picky about this), most people won't notice.

Looking forward to reading the review on the shifter bushing!

BossJockey said:
So Gary what are you up to now, about 5hrs of pre-track prep time? Me thinks you should sell the GT500 and buy a 13 Boss for your street Boss. Then leave the '12 setup for the track.
I'm going to try running with the DBAs and DTCs on the street this summer unless the squeal gets too annoying to cut down on prep time. Then it's just bleed brakes, wheels and tires and the race seat. I leave the sub belts in and wrap the shoulder straps with velcro on the harness bar so the seat swap (including bolting the lap belt bracket to the rear seat bolts) should only take about 20 minutes tops. It's only four bolts and the airbag connections. As for the GT500, it's my down payment on the 50th anniversary Stang ;)

ArizonaGT said:

I know, I even ordered the first of the 302S decals this week. The wife says the big wing is gay though so that might be out ??? WTH??? Whose wife says that?

Good to hear about the bushing. Be sure to update us after your track weekend. I might be inclined to add it too.

cloud9 said:
The wife says the big wing is gay though so that might be out ??? WTH??? Whose wife says that?

Good to hear about the bushing. Be sure to update us after your track weekend. I might be inclined to add it too.

Hilarious! My wife will barely get in the car now. There is no way in hell she would get in it with the S wing on it. I'm still considering it though....albeit modded a little to be a little better on the street.

ArizonaGT said:
lol "The big wing is gay"...
LOL I know! I was laughing my a$$ off when she said it. You'd have to know her I guess. Oh well as long as she keeps going to the track with me and let's me burn up tyres, I guess I can hold off on "the big wing".

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
LOL I know! I was laughing my a$$ off when she said it. You'd have to know her I guess. Oh well as long as she keeps going to the track with me and let's me burn up tyres, I guess I can hold off on "the big wing".

Sell me your LS spoiler if you end up getting the S wing? :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel