The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My GF keeps trying to get me to buy stuff like that, she is a Chevy girl and a drag racer though. I keep trying to explain to her that Fords are supposed to be understated and able to turn. She kept trying to talk me into a Camaro or a SRT Challenger with an auto so she can drag race it.

ArizonaGT said:
cloud9 said:
LOL I know! I was laughing my a$$ off when she said it. You'd have to know her I guess. Oh well as long as she keeps going to the track with me and let's me burn up tyres, I guess I can hold off on "the big wing".

Sell me your LS spoiler if you end up getting the S wing? :)
LOL! Next you'll be pushing me on the window nets. ::)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
LOL! Next you'll be pushing me on the window nets. ::)

You can justify the wing to the wife as you will be immediately able to recoup $250 of the cost ;)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
1e13abf9.jpg
Team logo on the Explorer, also on the front fenders of the Mustang.

18e95877.jpg
Spare front bumper cover, plan to set up with LS splitter for "high downforce tracks" like Lime Rock and NJMP

6f1768f4.jpg
6d07a8c3.jpg
Some hero car pics, fat guy has to lose 35lbs! Those pics will be posted in the weight reduction post. :D

d89d9238.jpg
5a265133.jpg
9f0fe312.jpg
Carbon fiber/FRP decklid, really nice piece, shame to paint it but the top will be WB red and the rest Performance White with blackout vinyl. RTR aluminum spoiler.

My FRRP oil cooler is waiting for when I get home and I'm going to be doing my Boss oil pan with temp sensor port and full oil, trans fluid, diff lube and brake fluid flush with Motul RBF 600
I also have to do my cool tech roll bar, Sparco Circuit plus seat, Sparco 6 points, rear seat delete and get my Tiger hood back from paint. A lot to do by 4/9.
Steve

Steve what's the scoop with this photo? Are those signatures of drivers who have driven the #21 car for the Wood Brothers? If so where's your signature? ;)

6f1768f4.jpg

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
5 DOT 0 said:
Steve what's the scoop with this photo? Are those signatures of drivers who have driven the #21 car for the Wood Brothers? If so where's your signature? ;)

6f1768f4.jpg
Rick
Those are all the crew and team member signatures on last years Daytona 500 winning car. When I can get $10 million together I plan on visiting Stuart VA and putting Trevor out of a job. I'm not afraid to be a rent a racer ;D
Steve

lbp said:
cloud9 said:
If I put the big splitter on, I think I'll get a pair of those. But, if I put the big splitter on, I'll need a bigger wing. Great, more $$$$......

This guy has decent ramps at an OK price:

http://www.darkhorseracing.net/trailer_ramps.htm
I wonder how you keep them from swinging into your car when the door's closed under braking? I didn't see any type of tie down to secure them to the main ramp/door.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I think we already determined this won't work for an open trailer if they are permanently mounted ;D

ArizonaGT said:
Square setup. Always square :)

Apparently I am getting a set of 265 R888s for free that weekend as well, never run them before but will give em a whirl after the NT01s are used up.

Let us know how you like the NT01's. I just ordered a set of 18x10 rims but still looking at tires. They are on my short list.

mustangtuning_2196_216965538

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I've run NT01s on my cars since 2008. I love them. When I'm not scrounging for lightly-used race tires at a deep discount, I'm buying new NT01s.

I can typically get 3-4 weekends out of them (2x as long as a set of R6s), and about $300 less per set (more if you can get discounts). Great grip, very predictable. You can flip them "inside out" after every 2 weekends to even out the treadwear and extend the life of the tires.

PeteInCT said:
cloud9 said:
PeteInCT said:
I think we already determined this won't work for an open trailer if they are permanently mounted ;D
I was thinking about my enclosed.....

Cool, then they'd work. You saw my PM, I'm hooked on the Race Ramps.
Yes and you got me to spend more money! Ordered the World Challenge splitter today which means I'll need some ramps. The car's at the dealer having the oil cooler installed and we got smoked with 4" (and counting) of snow today so might just have to let it sit there until the splitter comes in and have them put that on too :D As I was standing under it on the hoist it sure looked a lot easier to install than on jack stands ;)

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Jack stands and a cold garage floor was a PITA. Then again, that's one of the glories of having a 20 year old son ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel