The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Yellow Blaze 2012 Boss 302 with under 800 miles - Denver, CO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Made it home to the Dallas area safe and sound. Left Denver with 777 miles and have a little over 1800 on it now. Time to clean it up.
3800d87e-02eb-4e36-a824-5321060a2520_zps00ff9665.jpg

Congrats! This passed September I picked up an out of state boss. Picked up a 2013 Boss LS with just 60 miles in Ashland, Oregon. Drove it home to the SF Bay Area. Had 60 miles on it when I picked up. Has about 800 now. Luckily the previous owner included the complete owners kit in the box, OEM car cover, and the window sticker. I even got the uninstalled splitter, still in the box! The brake cooling kit as well as the trans cooler scoop were installed by the original dealer.It still smells new! I just activated the track key. Enjoy your boss!

BT

BlazeYellow said:
Made it home to the Dallas area safe and sound. Left Denver with 777 miles and have a little over 1800 on it now. Time to clean it up.
3800d87e-02eb-4e36-a824-5321060a2520_zps00ff9665.jpg

Congrats! I did the same thing in 2013, driving the Boss back from SD to WI. Love the car and the color. One of 252! Nice stable, also. This was our first real muscle car, and we are very happy with it. If you haven't had modern Recaros, you in for a treat - as you probably know from your road trip. Best seats ever.

Anyway, enjoy!

I'm glad you picked up the car and got the heck out of here. Monday was not a good day to drive in Denver, and I-70 from Denver to Kansas has been closed all day today (Tuesday).

In my mind, that was the best Boss color, hands down. I suppose you know how rare that color is, and that there was only a single 2012 Yellow Blaze Boss that was made with white roof and stripes, right? I like the black stripes better.

In looking up some stuff about the white striped Yellow Blaze, I found a post from August of 2011 that said that the reason there are so few Yellow Blaze Mustangs is that the paint was produced in a Japanese factory that was shut down by the earthquake! I did not know that.

Have fun!

coboss said:
I'm glad you picked up the car and got the heck out of here. Monday was not a good day to drive in Denver, and I-70 from Denver to Kansas has been closed all day today (Tuesday).

In my mind, that was the best Boss color, hands down. I suppose you know how rare that color is, and that there was only a single 2012 Yellow Blaze Boss that was made with white roof and stripes, right? I like the black stripes better.

In looking up some stuff about the white striped Yellow Blaze, I found a post from August of 2011 that said that the reason there are so few Yellow Blaze Mustangs is that the paint was produced in a Japanese factory that was shut down by the earthquake! I did not know that.

Have fun!

The 2012 Yellow Blaze with White Stripes is a Canadian model. I believe it now lives in the US with a collector. The white stripe shows as an option in the Canadian sales brochure, but not in the US version. Still should have never been built as there were no codes for the white stripe, just a code for the roof to be painted white, at least that's what I was told by a friend who works at Ford.

image.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors