The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2015 Monterey Motorsports Reunion Featured Marque: GT350 Mustang!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A friend of mine just sent me the below item so it looks like Mustang will be the featured marque next year. Ok start planning your trip now and get those hotel reservations in early! I'll be there so who's going to join me?

Vintage Motorsport online newsletter..........

It was one of very few on-track incidents during the 550-car extravaganza last weekend, (another was Ken Epsman's Dekon Monza in Turn 4, when he lost his left rear wheel-see video below) which celebrated Maserati's 100th anniversary and the 50th of the Sunbeam Tiger. Speaking of 50th anniversaries, during the post-race awards, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca CEO Gill Campbell and Fox Sports announcer Mike Joy revealed that next year's featured marque will honor the 50th anniversary of the Ford Mustang, and punctuated the announcement with a thrilling low-level flyover of the gathered participants by a WWII-era P-51 Mustang fighter plane.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Re: 2015 Monterey Motorsports Reunion Featured Marque? Mustang!

Most hotels in Monterey have a reservation hold until April, or else prices are like $500 a night with 5 night minimum. Unless a certain moderator can work a group deal and we can get the required number of prepaid reservations...........

When I go to Laguna Seca I typically stay at the Marriott Courtyard or Residence Inn in Salinas. If I was coming in for the weekend and had never been there before I'd get a hotel in Monterey. Earlier this year while staying at the Courtyard to attend the IMSA race I ran into Jamie Allison in the lobby.

Absolutely planning to attend if this is confirmed!! We did Pebble Beach car week back in 2010 when the new BOSS was first revealed and had an EXCELLENT time. Makes the Dream Cruise week seem like a hillbilly gathering...and that's coming from a hillbilly! Would love to get a big group of both generations of BOSS owners together next August.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

If I was coming in for the weekend and had never been there before I'd get a hotel in Monterrey.

Not at $500 a night. Too rich for me !

Just got back from Car Week in Monterey: fair warning- for that week, hotels are way over priced-anywhere on the Peninsula rates are wacky.
But if this is true and Ford Mustang is the Marque for 2015, then I am going to make the trek....

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

SpaceBoss said:
When we went two years ago we stayed in Gilroy - was way cheaper and not terribly far.
+1. I've stayed in Gilroy twice, Galic capital of the world. Hotel prices at the Marriott Courtyard were normal $149 night and the trip into Monterey is 20 minutes, 30 too Laguna Seca. We have also stayed at a place called Pajaro Dunes which has beach bungalows and paid $850 for a 5 day stay. Also about a half hour to Laguna.
If you reserve in March or April you can expect to pay between $300-350 for a twin Queen or King room in Monterey. Price goes up each month after that.

In the end it is the greatest car experience you can have, you see cars and people at Car Week that you can't see anywhere else. And they're all there at the same time.

I've met Carroll Shelby, Phil Hill, Jay Leno, Parnelli, Dan Gurney, Jackie Stewart, Mario Andretti, David Donahue, Phil Hill, Edsel Ford II, Bill Ford, Timo Glock, Hans Hermann, Bruce Canepa and many other racing icon during the 7 times we've gone out. You can't go wrong attending.
Steve

Next year will be year 20 for us, and fitting that it honors the Mustang as I have gone to most of those in my GT350. We too stay a lot in Gilroy, a lot cheaper for the 40 minute drive. And as far as celebrities you can't forget Jay Leno.

Laguna Seca will announce the featured marque for the 2015 Historic Races on....

wait for it

you guessed it

next Monday November 17th. The same day as Ford unveils the new GT350. 8)

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/event-news/race-groups-announced-2015-rolex-monterey-motorsports-reunion-entry-requests-open

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

It's official per an email I just received from MRLS--GT350 is the featured marque.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

dxTQiW0.png

The Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion will honor one of the most recognizable road racing cars of the ‘60s – the Shelby GT350 Mustang – on August 13-16, 2015. It is the 50th anniversary of the storied marque and will assuredly create favor among Pony Car fans.

Just one year after the Ford Mustang debuted, Ford executives wanted to go racing. Already having success with Carroll Shelby on the Cobra program, Ford enlisted Ol’ Shell to make the new Mustang competitive. And together they sure did, winning three consecutive SCCA National Championships in its maiden years.

The rumble of the GT350 will fill the hillsides while on the track, and fans will enjoy Ford Motor Company’s comprehensive heritage display in the race paddock that will showcase the marque’s history, as well as pointing toward it future.

“Ford gets it,” said Gill Campbell, CEO/general manager of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. “Their executives understand that a company’s history is also its future, and we greatly look forward to working with them to create a powerful impact for the event.”

Tickets for the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion go on sale December 3. For racers interested in applying to compete in one of the 15 race groups, entry requests may be found online at MazdaRaceway.com.

TMO Supporting Vendors