The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2015 Monterey Motorsports Reunion Featured Marque: GT350 Mustang!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Re: 2015 Monterey Motorsports Reunion Featured Marque? Mustang!

NFSBOSS said:
Thanks for posting. Ford mentioned it Monday at the Shelby presentation but I forgot to post it.

Now should we rent a suite for the whole weekend? Thoughts?

LOL. It's not like you're busy or anything... Get back to work! ;) I subscribed to the thread on Monday anticipating your post.

Too early for me to commit...especially since we're going to LS a few months prior.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Grant 302 said:
LOL. It's not like you're busy or anything... Get back to work! ;) I subscribed to the thread on Monday anticipating your post.

Too early for me to commit...especially since we're going to LS a few months prior.

Yeah I plan to be there to compete at NASA Nationals at the end of July. But if I have enough money left over to join this, I would fly out.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

ArizonaBOSS said:
Yeah I plan to be there to compete at NASA Nationals at the end of July. But if I have enough money left over to join this, I would fly out.

Yeah, my track events are getting in the way of going to more track events! ;)

ufnavy06 said:
I am not hosting a BBQ! 8)

You know I'll be there.
Yes you are and bring some donuts too! So you'll still be in town next summer?

I've sent an inquiry into the hospitatility group for pricing. For those that have purchased Flag Room tickets it would be something similar but just BMO members.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

NFSBOSS said:

I've sent an inquiry into the hospitatility group for pricing. For those that have purchased Flag Room tickets it would be something similar but just BMO members.

F8iLXwF.gif

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

In for pricing for 4. We did the pit suites for Shelby in 2012. We were next door to the Ford familytwo bays down from pit in. Very enjoyable and good food, It was I believe $600 per person for the weekend.
Steve

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.

NFSBOSS said:

This will be the last year unless something crazy happens. Unfortunately, my backyard isn't conducive to this (old house here, yes, current, no [emoji20] ). However, I'm onboard to be a gopher for anything that needs a personal touch here locally to help with this.

I will bring doughnuts and take all of us to the best car restaurants in the area though.

steveespo said:
In for pricing for 4. We did the pit suites for Shelby in 2012. We were next door to the Ford familytwo bays down from pit in. Very enjoyable and good food, It was I believe $600 per person for the weekend.
Steve
That's a bit steep for me and I suspect many members. My son and I paid for the Flag Room between turn 4-5 and I think it was around $350 for me.

So the good news is I already heard back from LS hospitatility and have the prices. The bad news is it would cost a lot more than what Steve paid so I don't think that's going to work. BMO can pay for part of it but not that much. ::) Maybe we can join someone's else's event or just meet up for lunch. I'm going to this event for sure and we still have plenty of time to plan for it. I haven't made any reservations yet but I suggest you make them early.

I was hoping to take the Boss since at first it was a Mustang 50th--but I now have changed to the GT350. UGH--it's a long hot drive but oh well.
Would love to see some of the other BMO's there that weekend. Rick-maybe we can do lunch at the Baja Cantina Thursday or some other event. Russo and Stele is fun too and only $25.

NFSBOSS said:
I'm going to be at LS a lot in 2015 The Porsche Rennsport Reunion V will be back there in October.

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/porsche-rennsport-reunion-v

rs1.png
Did you go to the Werks Reunion this past August?

NFSBOSS said:
No I didn't make it but I was at Sonoma twice that month.
I was there for the Werks Reunion and it was the best collection of street Porsches I have ever seen both on display and in the parking area. Just awesome.

NFSBOSS said:
I wanted to update this. I did check and the costs are beyond what I think most of us would pay so I didn't pursue it. We'll set up meeting points for each day and then at the auctions on Friday and Saturday evening.

If you haven't reserved your lodging yet you might want to get on that. I have reservations at the Courtyard in Salinas and couldn't believe the price they want. So I checked many places closer to the track and most of the hotels are already full. Some of the clean motels are about the price I'm paying at the Courtyard so I'll keep my reservation there. It will be an expensive weekend but well worth it for Ford Mustang and Shelby fans. I'm sure there will be new GT350's there giving hot laps and I'll see if I can find out more about that. ;)

Unfortunately everything is expensive that weekend, the hotels get stupid money for normally $100 per night rooms and most people book the year before. We usually stay about 40 minutes away where it's only $200/night, ugh, but once you go you are hooked.

ufnavy06

Any DOD coming into the area, I'd suggest staying either at the Navy Lodge or on the campus of NPS. Great rates that can't be beat. I wish I had a bigger house here to host but unfortunately that is in Florida.

Abother suggestion is to rent a house or something similar with a bunch of people and spilt the cost.

ufnavy06

Also, it was a bit of a dud last year but in 2013, Cars and Coffee, sponsored by Barrett-Jackson had a Irvine feel to it. I have no clue how it'll be this year. Make sure you plan your days accordingly as traffic is just horrible. Everything at the Quail Lodge is worth doing. Also, sneak around at night and you never know what you'll see. Cough cough 918 cough.

TMO Supporting Vendors