The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

#1 '13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vermont
Is there any way to find out your car number if the VIN is known and the car has been produced, prior to the car arriving at the dealership?

kato64 said:
II have been a mustang fan my entire adult life. If I keep the car it will be driven like it was intended to be.

Ditto here. I learned my lesson on an '11 Shelby I sold. Keeping it in the garage only did the next buyer good. It didn't really get me that much more. So, this one I'm driving.. if its worth 3, 4, or 5, k less than what a lower mileage car can get down the road, no big deal to me. I've lost much more in the stock market and got nothing for it. No, this one I'm driving, enjoying, and showing off. There is some truth to the old addage 'you only live once'.

7013Boss said:
Is there any way to find out your car number if the VIN is known and the car has been produced, prior to the car arriving at the dealership?
Nope unless you know someone that works at AAI and will hunt your car down and look.

Here are some recent pics of #1. I am strongly considering selling the car and getting a different one. I am so nervous everytime I take it out that some "yahoo" is going to hit me or give me a rock chip that I am not really enjoying it like I would a "regular" Boss.

Maybe Jay Leno is interested.

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1717.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
kato64 said:
Here are some recent pics of #1. I am strongly considering selling the car and getting a different one. I am so nervous everytime I take it out that some "yahoo" is going to hit me or give me a rock chip that I am not really enjoying it like I would a "regular" Boss.

Imagine your fear of driving it on the track...

I couldn't keep and race #1. I'd think of it like winning a small lotto...worth 2x the price of the car. Sell it and buy two!

kato64 said:

Trade ya for #2 in GB! ;-)

kato64 said:

Same thing happen to Shane. Time to list it on ebay and other places. Then get one you can enjoy. Best of luck what ever you decide.

PS. Looks good by the way. :D

I would not sell it. I look at it as a good problem to have, the possibilities are better that this car will have a higher value down the road.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel