The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 GT500 Quad Tip axle backs on a 2013 Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302 said:
I'm jealous that's not a quick bolt on for the '11 - '12s. :(

Looks great on the GT500s, but looks better on the Boss!

Same here. In a good way its a good thing cus otherwise I'd be spending some money. ;)

5 DOT 0 said:
Fijidan13 said:
Do you think there will be cutting of the bumper to fit the GT500 diffuser?
It's a direct bolt-on for the 2013 Mustangs.

The Late Model site says the bumper cover must be cut to fit the GT500 valance on GTs or V6's.

"Installation of this kit on your 2013 Mustang GT or V6 will require you to cut off the lower section of your bumper cover & cut new slits to retain the lower valance. Luckily Ford saw fit to mark EXACTLY where you need to cut on the back side of the bumper! 2013 Boss 302 is already cut in the proper areas."

If the price was $600 instead of $900+ (after shipping) I might think of doing this. I was thinking of the single outlet GT500 axle backs already.

It looks like it's not a direct bolt-on. Hopefully it's not too difficult to install because it looks terrific.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
coboss said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Fijidan13 said:
Do you think there will be cutting of the bumper to fit the GT500 diffuser?
It's a direct bolt-on for the 2013 Mustangs.

The Late Model site says the bumper cover must be cut to fit the GT500 valance on GTs or V6's.

"Installation of this kit on your 2013 Mustang GT or V6 will require you to cut off the lower section of your bumper cover & cut new slits to retain the lower valance. Luckily Ford saw fit to mark EXACTLY where you need to cut on the back side of the bumper! 2013 Boss 302 is already cut in the proper areas."

If the price was $600 instead of $900+ (after shipping) I might think of doing this. I was thinking of the single outlet GT500 axle backs already.
Can't go wrong with the single tip version for under $300, here's my latest clip.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJXNEn_CCI4&feature=plcp[/youtube]

MLM

Mike
ace72ace said:
Can't go wrong with the single tip version for under $300, here's my latest clip.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJXNEn_CCI4&feature=plcp[/youtube]

+1 I've got the GT500s and they are perfect and a good price too.

2013 Shelby Tips on a 2013 Boss 302?

I love the look of the dual exhaust on the Shelby, can I swap my diffuser and make them fit? Anyone tried? Any other issues to look out for?

From briefly scouring the internet, I think I have found the 2013 Shelby Left Muffler Part number to be this DR3Z-5230-L, and I am assuming right will be DR3Z-5230-R. Im not sure this is the one though, because parts websites dont offer much info.

Thanks

Re: 2013 Shelby Tips on a 2013 Boss 302?

sadil said:
I love the look of the dual exhaust on the Shelby, can I swap my diffuser and make them fit? Anyone tried? Any other issues to look out for?

From briefly scouring the internet, I think I have found the 2013 Shelby Left Muffler Part number to be this DR3Z-5230-L, and I am assuming right will be DR3Z-5230-R. Im not sure this is the one though, because parts websites dont offer much info.

Thanks
It's already been done and I merged your post with the thread discussing this topic.

5 DOT 0, you are the man. Thanks for merging the posts. I was confused for a bit regarding where my post went. I got the answer I needed. Thank you.

TMO Supporting Vendors