The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Hellion Twin Turbo BOSS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
darreng505 said:
Pete/Justin,
Does this part constitute an upgrade (is it even the same part?) to the boss input shaft (as mentioned in the referenced article about the guy who snapped two?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MGR-MG22189/

EDIT: Nevermind, I realize now that an axle shaft is not the same as an "input shaft". I couldn't find any performance parts for "input shaft" such as an upgrade etc.

Darrren
I havent seen any upgrades to anything MT82 wise....yet. I like the gear ratios of the MT82 just not all of it short comings. Give the aftermarket time they will make it much stronger at some point. For now the best option IMO if you want to stay manual is the T-56 XL. the entire upgrade can be done for under 5k and thats including a clutch and driveshaft cross memeber everything. JPC is now selling complete kits.

http://store.jpcracing.com/TREMEC-MAGNUM-XL-S197-CONVERSION-COMPLETE-KIT-also-Includes-DriveshaftClutch-Flywheel-options_p_1968.html

Kenaizer said:
I called a while ago and the price was around 7500 without injectors or install but that was before they had a magazine write up..

I wouldn't even run slicks or radials on a stock car without an upgraded driveshaft. I had this same CF DSS shaft on my '11 5.0 and it was the second thing I installed on my BOSS.

No I have a complete out the door price 6500 with everything included nothing else needed.

jeepinocala said:
Kenaizer said:
I called a while ago and the price was around 7500 without injectors or install but that was before they had a magazine write up..

I wouldn't even run slicks or radials on a stock car without an upgraded driveshaft. I had this same CF DSS shaft on my '11 5.0 and it was the second thing I installed on my BOSS.

No I have a complete out the door price 6500 with everything included nothing else needed.

Dang that's a steal! We're getting down in Vortech territory now. Where if you don't mind me asking?

Kenaizer said:
jeepinocala said:
Kenaizer said:

I simply shot kennebell a message and it returned out the door with everything 6599 Ok I was off but thats great and not to much compares. I have just always known keenebell to be one of the best so I am leaning towards it.

Dang that's a steal! We're getting down in Vortech territory now. Where if you don't mind me asking?

TMO Supporting Vendors