The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2016 Ford Performance Products Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VooDooBOSS said:
I'm placing this in the Boss section because there's lots of good info for the coyote based engines and I want everyone to see this.

Oil separator
Is should be available in December and retails for $189. Specifics are:

1. A lot of development went into the filtering media, "it works great".
2. It's made out of glass filled nylon 6 for durability.
3. Uses a throttle body gasket vs an O ring found on other separators.
4. The hoses come from the same supplier that makes the OEM hoses.
5. It uses OEM quick connects with proper seals.

Would this be a viable option for our 12/13 Boss302s ? I considered breathers, then Bobs firewall setup can. Currently running OE PCV system on my procharged setup because i just didn't commit to one product or another.
I am wide open for your opinions to wait a bit for this if its a good idea or go with breathers or Bobs setup.
Thanks,
Rob

LP Heaven said:
Would this be a viable option for our 12/13 Boss302s ? I considered breathers, then Bobs firewall setup can. Currently running OE PCV system on my procharged setup because i just didn't commit to one product or another.
I am wide open for your opinions to wait a bit for this if its a good idea or go with breathers or Bobs setup.
Thanks,
Rob
I would think it would work. The connectors appear to be the same and the basic block/head design is the same. I wouldn't be surprised it they offer a kit for the earlier cars as well. For a track setup the Peterson 302S style setup works very well. There's no room for one on the 2015+ cars from what I can tell.

LP Heaven said:
Thanks,
Rob

Ford Performance is putting a prototype kit together for me that is intended specifically for 12-13 Boss applications. If you want to go the Peterson route ( the most effective set up) get the kit from Watson racing. It's just a few bucks more than a kit you could make up yourself, but the can and the pre made hosed are second to none. Peterson makes a specific version for Watson that has male threaded hook ups. The hoses are consistent with the OEM heater hoses. I'll post up pics of the Ford Performance boss kit as soon as I get it so that you can see how it fits.

Voodoo cylinder heads added:

COYOTE GT350 CYLINDER HEAD LH

M-6050-M52

Suggested Retail Price

$2,495.00

Sold in Units of:

Each (1)

Voodoo Block and price:

Hover over image to zoom

click to enlarge

5.2L COYOTE ALUMINUM CYLINDER BLOCK

M-6010-M52

Suggested Retail Price

$3,000.00

Sold in Units of:

Each (1)

tech notes

Original equipment for the 2016 Shelby Mustang GT350
94.0 mm bore
Special high-performance casting of the Coyote block with improvements to support higher horsepower engine builds
Water jacket below cylinder bore has been updated to add more material for strength
The intake side of the bore at the deck surface includes a cast-in brace to improve strength of the cylinder wall and head gasket sealing
Block features plasma transferred wire arc spray weld liner coating
Liner coating provides improved durability and heat transfer, reduced friction, and a weight savings compared to the Mustang GT aluminum block
Cylinder bores are finish-honed and ready to assemble
All block features are finish-machined including head deck and crank bore
Cylinder liner coating does not require unique piston rings or piston material
Cross-bolted nodular iron main bearing caps
Uses 12 mm cylinder head bolts
Block has provisions for piston oil squirters
Includes plugs and dowels

Voodoo Black coil covers:

I like this, would look good on my Black Laguna.....

Hover over image to zoom

click to enlarge

MUSTANG 5.0L COYOTE BLACK COIL COVERS

M-6P067-M50BL

Suggested Retail Price

$115.00

Sold in Units of:

Each (1)

tech notes

Fits 2011-2015 5.0L Coyote Mustang GT
"POWERED BY FORD" script with black finish
Same coil covers used on 2015-2016 Shelby GT350 engine
Made from composite material

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
That Voodoo block sounds like the "Sportsman" version of the "regular" 5.0 block. I'm wondering if FPRP will offer a non-beefed up version as well (at a lower cost).

cortexracing

Supporting Vendor
FYI - When we were at SEMA this year the Ford Performance guys mentioned that the GT350 cylinder heads had different water passages and would not work on a standard 5.0L block. To use them it appears that a new motor would need to be build with the 5.2L block. Can someone confirm this? Maybe the aftermarket can find a workaround.

We are working on building a 5.2L perpendicular cranks engine with the GT350 cylinder heads for road racing. This is an engine that can actually work in engine swaps such as our vintage mustang builds since this engine will not have vibration concerns.

CorteX Racing said:
FYI - When we were at SEMA this year the Ford Performance guys mentioned that the GT350 cylinder heads had different water passages and would not work on a standard 5.0L block. To use them it appears that a new motor would need to be build with the 5.2L block. Can someone confirm this? Maybe the aftermarket can find a workaround.
I'll check on that but the comment below leads me to believe the heads will work on a 5.0. It was directly from a FP engineer but I'll double check that since I was asking about the valve springs from the VooDoo working on a 5.0.

Voodoo Valve Springs for a Coyote
The heads look similar but are different. They recommend swapping the heads and valvetrain. Cams will also be offered that work with the coyote firing order. 8)

cortexracing

Supporting Vendor
Here are some pictures of a standard 2015 Coyote head vs a GT350 head that I took. Notice the subtle differences in water ports. It could be that we are just looking at opposite ends of each head since that is how they were displayed and I wasn't focusing on that detail when taking the pictures.

GT350 Cylinder Head
gt350-cylinder-head.jpg

Standard Coyote 5.0L Cylinder Head
2015-coyote-head.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors