The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2016 Ford Performance Products Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoscowBoss

BOSS 771
NC USA
BigTaco said:
Ford Performance is putting a prototype kit together for me that is intended specifically for 12-13 Boss applications. If you want to go the Peterson route ( the most effective set up) get the kit from Watson racing. It's just a few bucks more than a kit you could make up yourself, but the can and the pre made hosed are second to none. Peterson makes a specific version for Watson that has male threaded hook ups. The hoses are consistent with the OEM heater hoses. I'll post up pics of the Ford Performance boss kit as soon as I get it so that you can see how it fits.
Any update on a kit for a 12/13 Boss?

MoscowBoss said:
Any update on a kit for a 12/13 Boss?
M-6766-A50 is the part number. This kit is designed to work with any 2011-16 coyote powered mustang. After my discussion with Ron Ewert (the fprp engineer who designed this) he went back to verify fittings for this kit. I'm not sure if he ended up creating a specific hose for the Boss or not, but the final kit is confirmed to fit in all (oem) 2011-16 applications.

BT

Found this. First one I have seen for sale.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/ford-performance-2015-2016-mustang-gt-oil-air-separator.html

BigTaco said:
M-6766-A50 is the part number. This kit is designed to work with any 2011-16 coyote powered mustang. After my discussion with Ron Ewert (the fprp engineer who designed this) he went back to verify fittings for this kit. I'm not sure if he ended up creating a specific hose for the Boss or not, but the final kit is confirmed to fit in all (oem) 2011-16 applications.

BT
This is my understanding as well. I'll double check my notes but I thought the passenger side worked on the voodoo too.

From my notes:

The passenger side tube from the separator to the manifold has a flex
built in, and the ends twist, so that part will fit 2011-2015 base,
2012-2013 Boss, and GT350.

So the part listed should work on all the 2011+ 5.0/5.2 engines. They are making a separate part for the driver side. The passenger side, the one now available, is the one that catches most of the oil.

FYI... Just installed one of the new Ford Racing oil separators on my '12 Boss. Fit is good and looks factory. The line from separator to intake has a flexible section, so no problem with the Boss intake. Worth the $ IMO.

TymeSlayer said:
Better price here:

http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/mobile/ford-racing-mustang-separator-p-4683.html

Just ordered

For years, I could not make up my mind on these things. From Bobs to JLT etc. etc. to breathers. Thanks to the guys on this board, once again led me to easily make those tough decisions for mods on my boss.

Thanks Guys

576 said:
FYI... Just installed one of the new Ford Racing oil separators on my '12 Boss. Fit is good and looks factory. The line from separator to intake has a flexible section, so no problem with the Boss intake. Worth the $ IMO.

Does the top of the can say "Ford Racing" or "Ford Performance"?

Just got the Ford Racing Oil-Air Separator Kit (M-6766-A50) installed on my 2013 Boss 302. I must say it fits the Boss 302 nicely. Installation looks OEM. I will try to get some pics up if anyone is interested. Was worried that this would not fit the Roadrunner motor (Manifold and all.) However my thinking was quite wrong. Could not be more happy with the fit.

Reduces front ride height approximately 1.5" and rear ride height approximately 2.5" giving you more of that leveled, sport truck stance you want.

If Ford knows what people want than why didn't they just build the truck like that.
I love those kind of statements. Make you feel like there thinking just for you.

back in the day all we could do was to think how we can do a lift kit into that thing.
Cars were the same. except only in the rear to fit those huge tires under them.
Today we want it low and still fit those steam rollers inside the fenders.

Bottom line is they handle soooooo much better lowered. If that's more important than ground clearance. Maybe Ford should just build them on Bags. Best of both worlds. Around town its low and comfortable. Weekend in the woods it high and mighty.
Then again I'm not a Truck guy. My F-250 SD is for pulling only. And I would love to have bags in it so when I couple up to that heavy load it rides level. I know they make an aftermarket bag system for trucks. Would just be nice to have it factory like the big rigs. were getting close. Pickups are starting to come with J-brakes / trailer brakes. Just need air ride.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel