The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2017 Packages

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattlqx

Mustangless
Well, it's been leaked. 2017 cars have track pack components standard. Electronics is a more flexible option that allows you to retain the Recaros. This is really what it should've been in the first place. The two new blue colors have me absolutely locked in to re-ordering the car I really wanted.

Not surprising. What are the new blue colors?

VoodooBOSS said:
Not surprising. What are the new blue colors?

Grabber and Lightening Blue. Also Ruby Red Metallic which what my first choice would have been. But ill be happy with my 16 Race Red when it gets here.

Going to order the 2017? Either way shouldnt have an issue unloading the 16

I agree this should have been the default from the start. Im still quite happy with the current track pack, but I can see how some of the users looking for both track and DD/cruising duties are going to be miffed they could mix and match the packages

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
ChopSui said:
I wonder how much the base price is going up.
Great question. I'd assume at least to the 2016 base + Track Pack MSRP but we shall see. Less would obviously be better :)

I have a track pack car on order (currently unscheduled-material hold) but was torn for quite some time during the ordering process about which package to order. I would have liked to have the track pack with the tech pack stereo/hvac controls. Do I try to back out of my 2016 order and wait to put in an order for a 2017? I can configure the 2017 exactly as I'd like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austin
If I were still waiting for mine, I think I'd probably cancel and get a '17. Grabber blue has always been my top choice and I really wanted the Sync 3 and toggles. The soft touch door panels is icing on the cake.

On the plus side, I've got mine (at a good price to boot) and I haven't seen much evidence that ADMs are slowing down yet.

I'm planning to wait now. Anyone interested in an open order that remains unscheduled/material hold from a dealer in Oklahoma for MSRP, please let me know.

I'm trying to get my $1k deposit back and believe it would help to line up a new buyer.

superhero said:
would be nice to see liquid blue. has that color ever been released on a production car?

I wouldn't expect it on a production car. When I spoke with the Ford guy at Carlisle, he said it cost more than they Mistichrome paint on the Cobras.

Lightning Blue I think

2017-Ford-Escape-spy-photo-PLACEMENT.jpg

IMG}

superhero said:
would be nice to see liquid blue. has that color ever been released on a production car?

I asked Mark Schaller at the Track Tour about the possibility of that color and due to the paint process involved they cant do Liquid Blue on the line, hence a no-go for production cars. It is way sexy though and would have been my choice if available

I noticed rumors of the Track pack being standard fare for '17 also. Where are pics of the colors mentioned? I'm partial to Grabber Blue myself but would like to see this red we're speaking of. 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors