The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2018 lap timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't have an answer for you but if you are looking for lap times, I would suggest TrackAddict app. Free, easy to use, and displays a bunch of useful info.
Never really knew much about these apps. What bluetooth receiver are you guys using to grab data from OBD? Is that all I would need, or is an external GPS receiver more accurate? Or can i record with my phone and use the phones GPS? Android platform...

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
SoCal
Never really knew much about these apps. What bluetooth receiver are you guys using to grab data from OBD? Is that all I would need, or is an external GPS receiver more accurate? Or can i record with my phone and use the phones GPS? Android platform...
You can get lap times, speeds, location, and g-meter all from only your phone. The lap time accuracy is perfectly fine for HPDE but if you want that competition level of accuracy, a secondary GPS unit will be needed. Also, if you are looking for further dynamic data (rpm, braking performance, temps, ect) you will need a bluetooth OBDII reader. Any of the ones from Amazon will work fine. I forget what brand mine is; I can look it up when I'm home.

You can get lap times, speeds, location, and g-meter all from only your phone. The lap time accuracy is perfectly fine for HPDE but if you want that competition level of accuracy, a secondary GPS unit will be needed. Also, if you are looking for further dynamic data (rpm, braking performance, temps, ect) you will need a bluetooth OBDII reader. Any of the ones from Amazon will work fine. I forget what brand mine is; I can look it up when I'm home.
Cool thank you. I'd be interested to see what you are using. I saw this unit pop up a few times... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016X3L0O2/?tag=tmo302-20

Should be fine for my daily driver..

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Cool! Its cheap enough to give it a go! I will try it out on my next outing.. Thanks
Completely unrelated, but would love to know know more about the badass project car in your avatar!

Completely unrelated, but would love to know know more about the badass project car in your avatar!
Sure thing! I will try not to write a book haha..

Its just a 66 coupe that started out as being a "street" build back about 2017. I've got another 66 that was a full track car before I butchered it up ... But that's another story..

So this has turned more into a track oriented car that I am leaving "street legal" (license plate and a tad bit of interior) . Its got a dry sump 358" small block with yates heads. Currently converting to EFI and standalone using an Emtron KV8 ECU, with Motec PDM and display dash.

Front end I basically designed and built everything except the spindles. My initial intention was to make my own as I am a machinist by trade and a tinkerer/fabricator as a hobby... But I had been oogling over the Cortex spindle since I remember seeing it over on corner carvers 10+ years ago so I said hell with it and decided to design the front end around that spindle.. It is a very well engineered piece and I am happy with that decision..

Rear end I decided to stay with a solid axle. Just a 3 link floater 9" nothing too fancy here.. 18x12.5 front / rear with 335's from signature wheel. Transmission is a C&R 4 speed dogbox.. I've got plans to go with a 6 spd air shifted sequential down the road but that is a little pricey so I think I just need to get the car done and start sorting it out...

Still needs a bit of work, especially body/aero being the main thing I need to figure out.. I am currently wiring it and getting the cooling system going. I hope to have it running in the car in the next month or two.. Had this engine in pieces for 10 years and I finally got it together and on the dyno this past Feb.. Made 715 @8000 rpm and 520 ft lbs of torque @6700 , so it should be a hoot to drive.. If you are into instagram, I have a few more photos of things -navarrasengineering

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Sure thing! I will try not to write a book haha..

Its just a 66 coupe that started out as being a "street" build back about 2017. I've got another 66 that was a full track car before I butchered it up ... But that's another story..

So this has turned more into a track oriented car that I am leaving "street legal" (license plate and a tad bit of interior) . Its got a dry sump 358" small block with yates heads. Currently converting to EFI and standalone using an Emtron KV8 ECU, with Motec PDM and display dash.

Front end I basically designed and built everything except the spindles. My initial intention was to make my own as I am a machinist by trade and a tinkerer/fabricator as a hobby... But I had been oogling over the Cortex spindle since I remember seeing it over on corner carvers 10+ years ago so I said hell with it and decided to design the front end around that spindle.. It is a very well engineered piece and I am happy with that decision..

Rear end I decided to stay with a solid axle. Just a 3 link floater 9" nothing too fancy here.. 18x12.5 front / rear with 335's from signature wheel. Transmission is a C&R 4 speed dogbox.. I've got plans to go with a 6 spd air shifted sequential down the road but that is a little pricey so I think I just need to get the car done and start sorting it out...

Still needs a bit of work, especially body/aero being the main thing I need to figure out.. I am currently wiring it and getting the cooling system going. I hope to have it running in the car in the next month or two.. Had this engine in pieces for 10 years and I finally got it together and on the dyno this past Feb.. Made 715 @8000 rpm and 520 ft lbs of torque @6700 , so it should be a hoot to drive.. If you are into instagram, I have a few more photos of things -navarrasengineering
When you get a chance, please do create a vehicle profile for your car here:

That way members here can quickly click in and see your mod list, photos, background, etc. It's a great central place for all your vehicle info. 👍

TMO Supporting Vendors