The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

#21 Mustang resurrection thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some fresh inspiration for espo -

http://racing.ford.com/stock-car-racing/news/articles/wood-brothers-bayne-unveil-henry-ford-150-fusion-1293055420035/

;)

Oh no Steve's going to have to repaint his Mustang. ;D

fw

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
PeteInCT said:
hey Steve why is that C6 so close to you? For shame... ;D

The funny part about that is I was pulling those Z06 cars all the way up the esses. I just suck in the slow stuff.
21 Car always handles good on the straightaways 8)

We are going to have a good, fast and safe time at The Glen.
Steve

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Got some serious progress now, the car is officially roadworthy, over the last few days I got all the underside details buttoned up, replaced the splitter/tow hook bracket, installed all the missing Ford screws and plastic rivets, replaced my melted evap hose from the canister to the tank, BTW if your car won't take fuel and keeps shutting the pump off this is what you check part# is DR3Z-9E325-A, it has a little solenoid that opens to allow the tank to vent during refueling. Anyway got the door sills on and replaced my taillights with Raxion Aeros. Today I got the race seat and cooltech clips in and started installing harnesses. Tomorrow the car gets cut and polished, they it comes home for the splitter installs, brake overhaul (master cylinder, booster new pads, Castrol SRF fluid) and finally the graphics. Hard to believe how much work all of the mods were originally until you have to redo alot of them.

PS I have the race seat in and no Airbag light, how? here is the parts list; need to buy seat harness BR3Z-14A699-CB for and seat position sensor AR3Z-14B416-A, plus the non airbag seat resistor from the 2005-2008 Mustangs, your original seatbelt latch needs to transfer over too to plug into the new harness. If you do the passenger side, (I didn't my instructors if any will have to survive with my new Boss Recaro) you will need the proper seat harness, resistor, position sensor and the weight sensing gelpad for under your bottom. When I plugged it all in and started the car up, airbag light went out like normal.

PPS. Oh I forgot I have this little gem coming; 50341 - Ford Racing Mustang Boss 302 Alternator Kit (11-14 GT) $289.99, and another surprise from Rehagen next week.
Steve
IMG02033-20130728-1347_zpsda5d29e0.jpg
IMG02031-20130728-1344_zpsc58d35b5.jpg
IMG02027-20130727-1326_zpsa2d2949e.jpg
GT500pads002_zpsc3c5fd11.jpg
IMG02029-20130727-1344_zps671701c5.jpg
IMG02028-20130727-1343_zps72e9cd92.jpg
extinguisher001_zps4085060c.jpg

steveespo said:
Got some serious progress now, the car is officially roadworthy, over the last few days I got all the underside details buttoned up, replaced the splitter/tow hook bracket, installed all the missing Ford screws and plastic rivets, replaced my melted evap hose from the canister to the tank, BTW if your car won't take fuel and keeps shutting the pump off this is what you check part# is DR3Z-9E325-A, it has a little solenoid that opens to allow the tank to vent during refueling. Anyway got the door sills on and replaced my taillights with Raxion Aeros. Today I got the race seat and cooltech clips in and started installing harnesses. Tomorrow the car gets cut and polished, they it comes home for the splitter installs, brake overhaul (master cylinder, booster new pads, Castrol SRF fluid) and finally the graphics. Hard to believe how much work all of the mods were originally until you have to redo alot of them.

PS I have the race seat in and no Airbag light, how? here is the parts list; need to buy seat harness BR3Z-14A699-CB for and seat position sensor AR3Z-14B416-A, plus the non airbag seat resistor from the 2005-2008 Mustangs, your original seatbelt latch needs to transfer over too to plug into the new harness. If you do the passenger side, (I didn't my instructors if any will have to survive with my new Boss Recaro) you will need the proper seat harness, resistor, position sensor and the weight sensing gelpad for under your bottom. When I plugged it all in and started the car up, airbag light went out like normal.

PPS. Oh I forgot I have this little gem coming; 50341 - Ford Racing Mustang Boss 302 Alternator Kit (11-14 GT) $289.99, and another surprise from Rehagen next week.
Steve

Solid gold!!!

PS - Rehagen hooked me up, too!!!

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
I am gonna take a guess on the Rehagen stuff. Black, round and grippy? lol
Hmm, I may consider joining you guys at WGI. Audi owners only or open to everyone? I own a VW Jetta, that count? :p
One of my home tracks AND I have a NASA track record there in a Porsche. 8)

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
mcmmotorsports said:
I am gonna take a guess on the Rehagen stuff. Black, round and grippy? lol
Hmm, I may consider joining you guys at WGI. Audi owners only or open to everyone? I own a VW Jetta, that count? :p
One of my home tracks AND I have a NASA track record there in a Porsche. 8)

1 - open to all car brands
2 - you must join ACNA first
3 - event is currently wait listed

I'd join ACNA and try to get in. If not you can join us at Mont Tremblant Canada in Sept. VERY cool track.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
The Baus is really Back!
Got the drivers harness complete

BausisBack002_zps19f6c5f0.jpg
BausisBack003_zps6bc65fed.jpg
BausisBack004_zps85fe251b.jpg

And the graphics are going back, using all the real race vinyl from Competition Graphics much less expensive than the Ford OEM and I like the satin black better than the clear over anyway;
BausisBack005_zps08ac972e.jpg
BausisBack006_zpse41ab91b.jpg
BausisBack007_zps7bdf8949.jpg

Stay tuned as there are many more upgrades happening this weekend and next week in preparation for track return at Watkins Glen.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors