The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

5th Annual “Snakes at the Lake” Tahoe Cruise – Saturday June 21st, 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

img_3169_zps719e08fd.jpg

With summer only a few short months away, it’s time to post-up notice of “Snakes at the Lake” – 2014, which is scheduled for Saturday, June 21st. As in years past, our current plan has us departing Old Town Sacramento and cruising up Highway 50 through the Sierras as we make our way to the lake. We’ll stop briefly for fuel and a rest break at the Chevron station in Meyers and stage at the golf course parking lot across the way where members from Nevada will meet us. Then we’ll head up scenic Highway 89 on the west side of the lake past Emerald Bay, the Rubicon and Sunnyside areas towards Kings Beach State Park on the north shore, where we’re making arrangements again for a relaxing lakeside BBQ and Car Show.

For a glimpse of what to expect, here are Jason’s pictures from last year http://photos.nowplaying.tv/Lifein2013/2013-Snakes-at-the-Lake/i-nsF3dbr and gt350lp’s PhotoShow from 2012: http://www.photoshow.com/watch/Me2Yx7Rw

RSVP’s and pre-payment are required for this event so we can anticipate parking layout and determine how many meals will be needed. Please use the gofundme link below to facilitate this transaction. When your payment is confirmed, this will be noted on the roster below. Preferential beachside parking will be issued in the order paid reservations are received. So if you want to claim that perfect spot, sign-up early! After accounting for expenses, any funds left over will be donated to the Carroll Shelby Foundation: http://www.cscf.org/

Cost for attending the event is:

$35 per driver/vehicle, which includes facility rental, BBQ lunch and cold refreshments, and a California state park vehicle entrance fee.

$10 for each additional guest to cover BBQ lunch and cold refreshments.

Payment Link: http://www.gofundme.com/7yrfu8 - Reservations are requested by Sunday June 8th, but no later than Sunday June 15th. Thanks!

So mark your calendars and post-up if you’re interested in joining us for a great day on the road and at the lake with other “Powered by Ford” enthusiasts. Please note the year and model of your vehicle when replying so trophy categories can be determined in advance based upon expected attendance. Also, I’m considering T-shirts this year imprinted with a TS-PCR SATL graphic for $20 or less each. Let me know if you would be interested, including size and quantity.

Note: For ease of editing, I’ll maintain the list of Snakes attendees in Post #2 immediately below.

Here’s the address where we’ll be meeting in Old Town Sac. Front and 101 K Streets, Sacramento, CA 95814
 Let’s plan on arriving around 8:00am and we’ll head out about 8:30am. Note: We’ll be at Steamers on the corner to process your registrations (and get a morning caffeine fix).

Here is a Google satellite street view image of this location: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=101+K+Street,+Sacramento,+CA+95814&ll=38.582367,-121.505941&spn=0.001613,0.00169&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&hnear=101+K+St,+Sacramento,+California+95814&gl=us&t=h&deg=90&z=20&vpsrc=6

Here is a Google map of the route we’ll be taking (for an interesting view, click the 3D button mid-page on the left): https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1051+Front+St,+Sacramento,+CA+95814&daddr=Meyers,+CA+to:38.9466197,-120.1044002+to:Tahoe+City,+CA+to:Kings+Beach+State+Park,+Kings+Beach,+CA&hl=en&sll=38.895308,-120.754852&sspn=0.957663,2.113495&geocode=FYi5TAIdGvjB-CmL1hbizNaagDGrNMWzB7hmSA%3BFa_lUAIdAL_Y-CnPVlyg0Y2ZgDF2ubKCUueCzA%3BFTtHUgIdMFrX-Clp8irbUIaZgDHGqUDhIrvZAA%3BFQWsVQIderjW-Ckhpx_PLtabgDHRnmyBMLKYKg%3BFU6xVgIdYJDY-CFeCTAldokEpynF7k3oK3uZgDFeCTAldokEpw&oq=Kings+Beach+state+park,+CA&gl=us&mra=ls&via=2&t=m&z=10

Here is a Google aerial view of our parking facility at Kings Beach State Park, where the entire boat launch area is reserved for our exclusive use this year: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Kings+Beach+State+Park&ll=39.234898,-120.022389&spn=0.002756,0.004101&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&hq=kings+beach+state+park&cid=12034895244763859294&t=k&z=19

Here is a link that may be helpful if you are looking to book a room in Tahoe Saturday night: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/65474-tahoe-cruise-friday-sat-night-accommodations/

And a couple of “Snakes at the Lake” cruise videos:

f2redpot’s from 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rAOB_evVz4

and fabman’s from 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sooyPSm6F8A

Here is the Team Shelby - Pacific Coast Region thread: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/84574-fifth-annual-snakes-at-the-lake-tahoe-cruise-saturday-june-21-2014/

List of paid attendees to “Snakes at the Lake” - 2014:

CA302LS - Concord
shelbyguy470 - Tahoe City (our local host)
itowem +1 - Oakley / Paid
SR SNAKE +1 - Amador County / Paid
GSHELBYT +1 - S.F. North Bay / Paid + $30 Donation
07SGT4843 +3 - San Martin / Paid
HRG +1 - Menlo Park / Paid + $30 Donation
Rob & Cindi Paszek - Sparks, NV / Paid + $55 Donation
Fat Boss +1 - Morgan Hill / Paid
timber2417 +1 - Lincoln / Paid
Nitro +1 - Auburn / Paid
Ron Delgado +1 - Sparks, NV / Paid + $55 Donation
Little Shelby +1 - Sonoma County / Paid
Bossy13 +1 - San Jose / Paid
08GT5004ME +1 - Sacto County / Paid
Fiddler49 +1 - CoCoCounty / Paid + $15 Donation
F044422A +1 - Antelope / Paid
cobrakidz +1 - Folsom / Paid
HICobra +1 - Hawaii / Paid + $15 Donation
Raul & Betty - Reno, NV / Paid
Ed R. - Minden, NV / Paid
Joe and Fran - Reno, NV / Paid
Bookwyrm +1 - East Bay / Paid
13VENUM +1 - Livermore / Paid + $5 Donation
mherman2 +1 - Incline, NV / Paid
Surfergeek +1 - Gilroy / Paid + $5 Donation
Macareno +1 - South Bay / Paid
rsgt500 - Carson City, NV / Paid + $10 Donation
ufnavyo6 - Monterey Bay / Paid + $5 Donation
Shirley & Dave - Reno, NV / Paid
Red Rocket +2 - East Bay / Paid
JimC +1 - Oakdale / Paid + $10 Donation
K Beast Shelby gt +1 - Long Beach / Paid
DG Shelby +1 - Ventura County / Paid + $25 Donation
cmos101 +1 - South Bay / Paid + $15 Donation
ShelbyTom +2 - South Bay / Paid + $15 Donation
john shields +1 - Reno, NV / Paid
caliboy08 +1 - Sacramento / Paid
jp1gt +1 - Georgetown / Paid
Badboss +1 - Reno, NV / Paid
me32 - North Bay / Paid
Lars +1 - San Mateo County / Paid
Andy K +1 - Reno, NV / Paid
Explode36 +1 - Reno, NV / Paid
Brian Daniel +1 - Reno, NV / Paid
SVTCguy +3 - East Bay / Paid
badwolf +2 - South Bay / Paid
Boris Bogdanich +1 - NorCal / Paid
Bob H +1 - Tahoe City / Paid
JenzBad500 +3 - Sacto County / Paid
YCoyote - Sunnyvale / Paid + $25 Donation
Roger and Laura - S.F. Peninsula / Paid
2013boss302 +1 - Concord / Paid
662PONY +1 - Concord / Paid
Cobra Dave +1 - S. Lake Tahoe / Paid
50 Deep +1 - NorCal / Paid
Larry Roten +1 - Carson City, NV / Paid
SoWeTt03 +2 - Sacramento / Paid
GTS/CS +1 - Alturas / Paid

IMG_3156_zps537e16bf.jpg

I'm unable to make this years event but any NorCal members should consider attending. This is one of my favorite events of the year and I'm disappointed I can't make it.

NFSBOSS said:
I'm unable to make this years event but any NorCal members should consider attending. This is one of my favorite events of the year and I'm disappointed I can't make it.

Rick,

Thanks for the support!

We had a great Boss turnout last year and we have several BMO members signed up for the 5th Annual SATL.

We'll post up pics following the June 21st event.

Jim

IMG_1136_zps5430903b.jpg

Fat Boss said:
Can't wait Jim! I splurged and got a room with a view at Harvey's.

Andy,

Looking forward to having you 2 on the SATL run this year! A room with a view. Now you have me thinking...

Jim

Fiddler49 said:
Just signed up!

Andy,

It's always great to have new SATL cruisers with us for the day. Looking forward to meeting you and having your GB 302 in the mix. A number of us leave Sears Sun Valley in Concord for OTS that morning, so stay tuned as we get into June. Also, thanks for the charity donation!

Jim

CA302LS said:
Andy,

It's always great to have new SATL cruisers with us for the day. Looking forward to meeting you and having your GB 302 in the mix. A number of us leave Sears Sun Valley in Concord for OTS that morning, so stay tuned as we get into June. Also, thanks for the charity donation!

Jim
Let me know what time to be at Sun Valley. Just down the road a piece from me. 8)

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Man. I'm heading back east the following morning. If it were the weekend prior, it'd be perfect for me. It's 5 hour drive back to Monterey that I'd have to make. I suppose the question becomes what time is everyone scheduled to make it there? If we're talking 4-5 I can take off around 7 to make it home and still be ok.

ufnavy06 said:
Man. I'm heading back east the following morning. If it were the weekend prior, it'd be perfect for me. It's 5 hour drive back to Monterey that I'd have to make. I suppose the question becomes what time is everyone scheduled to make it there? If we're talking 4-5 I can take off around 7 to make it home and still be ok.

Sean,

The Monterey contingent usually meets some of us in Concord at 6:15am, where we head off to Old Town Sacramento for the start of the cruise at 8:30am. We're in South Shore 2 hours later for a fuel stop and to rendezvous with Nevada members. We then head up the West Shore and arrive in Kings Beach just about noon. BBQ lunch about 1pm and car show awards no later than 3:30pm. Although many attendees stay at the lake Saturday night, I've returned home to the Bay Area before sunset for the past 4 years. I think if you left the lake at 5pm, you'd arrive in Monterey about 9:30pm or so.

Jim

ufnavy06 said:
I'm very strongly leaning towards going. When do you need to know? I might have missed it but the week prior?

Sean,

Reservations are just about half way to a maximum of 50 cars. There's still plenty of time to sign up - but just keep checking from time to time. When the list starts to get heavy in the high 30's... it's time to jump onboard. The last ones go fairly quick.

Jim

ufnavy06

Ugh... I might need a co-driver. It's a 2 hour drive to Concord from Monterey and to meet up at 6:15 am. Yikes.

Boss Ls said:
Any one in social thinking on going. It would be a good ride up 395

Boss Ls,

I hope you can find another SoCal member who's interested in coming up Hwy 395 (or I-5 into Sacto where we depart) to attend SATL-2014 with you. We have a great time lakeside with other "Powered by Ford" enthusiasts.

Jim

ufnavy06 said:
Ugh... I might need a co-driver. It's a 2 hour drive to Concord from Monterey and to meet up at 6:15 am. Yikes.

Sean,

My co-driver can cover you from Concord to OTS if that helps you catch a few zzz's. But I think when you meet
up with Fat Boss and head north - you'll be wide awake! :)

Jim

ufnavy06

I'm signed up and ready to go. Dog is covered and I figure what better way to drive the car one last time for 2 weeks + than to go on this beautiful trip.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel