The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

aeroforce interceptor gauge problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I do have a voltmeter, what should I look for?

( the unit powers up but wont boot up:
1) red lights flash
2) screen is backlit
3) THATS IT there is no booting up, it stays like that and turns itself off
--

:(

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
If it always powers up then it can't be the power circuit.

If it's not 'seeing' the OBD data it may (?) just power down by default. Only the guys who wrote the software for this device know the answer to this.... There is no easy way to test this that I can think of other than to plug in another OBD reader device and see if it sees your PCM data. You can do this 'cheaply' if you have a local shop that will read your OBD port for free. Most shops do. If they get readings then the OBD port itself on your Boss is probably OK.

If the OBD port checks out OK I would request a new gauge and a new wire harness from Aeroforce. Your experience with this gauge is not common and there's no reason why it can't work for you also. Are you located in the Northeast ?

I appreciate you helping out Pete, its great , thats why I like this forum over any others, a bunch of passionate guys sharing their experience.

yes, Im in the northeast, you could even say Im a neigbhoor :) ( NNJ !)

1) first time they sent it back it worked flawlessly for a 1hour cruising weekend ride low speeds 76 degrees, 199-204 engine temp . then it started raining for days lol.

2) I took it for a second ride , thats when immediately it wouldnt boot up. it does power up every single time: red lights and screen backlit, just no boot.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
1) Verify connections to gauge and OBD port are solid.
2) See if you can get a local shop to read you OBD Port.

I will be at NJMP in Millville NJ on June 18'th and 19'th. If you wish , I'd be happy to plug my gauge into your car and see if it exhibits the same issues. If it doesn't then you need a new gauge (not a rebuilt, etc, ect). EIther that or of you'd like to take a trip up to Burlington CT we can try it here at home.

"I'd be happy to plug my gauge into your car " -> now thats talking dirty lol
seriously that'd be great. I'll wait to see what Aeoforce says about this, because Im so impatient I want it fixed today ( gaping hole in my roush vent pod lol ) . I wanted to participate actually at NJMP but am still waiting on the 302s grille :( I'll be sure to let you know and I really appreciate your offer to help. that would be great to see if who knows maybe my port is acting funny , I never heard of that though. really think its their firmware - motherboard thingy

overdo update but I wanted to make sure the 2nd replacement gauge was AOK before I concluded the update,
all ended well after I was sent a replacement gauge for the 2d time ( bad luck I guess, as the first replacement had same issues ). this one has been working great trouble free. thanks Aeroforce , love the gauge!

TMO Supporting Vendors