The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tuning problem - Auto to Manual - HP Tuners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi, so we converted the car from Auto to Manual. Stayed with the AUTO PCM ( car is a 2005 ). Turned off PATS with HP Tuners and continued to work on the car.
Its been brought to a dyno shop last week and they cant get the car running right, seems to close the throttle body off about 4000rpm and trips a code or two. I have read instructions on converting a car and the person said a auto pcm will work.
Does anyone have a tune file for a converted car that they can share? Maybe my tuner can spot a difference. He has tried to reflash the pcm with a manual tune with no luck and that cost me some HP tuners credits, now he is considering for me to buy a manual pcm and pay for more credits to program that one.

Could use some help, missed a track day this weekend as I was expecting the car to be in and out of th dyno shop in a day.

Thanks Al

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
My friend did the auto to manual swap, He bought a used manual pcm, but the ford dealer here formatted it and left it automatic Lol. In the end his tuner got it working well with the original PCM. But, am afraid I do not know how the tuner did it and he is not the sharing type! But at least it can be done.

I got a answer on another thread, but my tuning software cant make the changes, the dealers locally wont make the change, and I dont want to buy the hardware that will make the change. So I will keep the auto pcm and if i can find someone with the right equipment to make the changes to the auto pcm I will give it a go later. Hopyfully at the dyno shop tonight with the manual pcm installed.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
socal
I got a answer on another thread, but my tuning software cant make the changes, the dealers locally wont make the change, and I dont want to buy the hardware that will make the change. So I will keep the auto pcm and if i can find someone with the right equipment to make the changes to the auto pcm I will give it a go later. Hopyfully at the dyno shop tonight with the manual pcm installed.
I did a manual to auto swap on my boss. You are corre3ct, for an auto to manual swap the pcm will work but for a manual to auto swap, the pcm will not work. the auto pcm has 2 chips inside, one for the trans and the other for the engine while the manual pcm only has one chip inside.

EFIDynoTuning

message this guy, he might be able to help you. I'm planning on contacting him for his services in the next few months. I need to get other things done before that time comes.
@blacksheep-1 mentioned this guy in a different thread.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/member-cars/s197-mustangs.633/

I ended up putting in a manual pcm. HP Tuners can not do the task related to the transmission swap. The 3 dealers I tried wouldnt do it. There is a software programmer that can do it with the premium version but I didnt have so a spent a few hundred bucks on a manual pcm.

TMO Supporting Vendors