The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Aeroforce Oil Pressure Sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maui
Bossfred,

I got the dual gauge pillars from SOS (speed of Sound). They take a stock Ford A-pillar and modify it by adding the pods and sell the whole thing. Alan is the owner is really nice... He knows the owner of aeroforce and brought in the gauges for me, so he was able to mail everything I needed, (aeroforce gauges, dual gauge pillars, oil pressure sensor kit, add- a circuit, 5V regulator). I did it this way to save on shipping to hawaii since he gave me a good price on shipping.

http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/2005-upMustangPod.html

I was debating between this set up and the boss 302 gauge pods and getting a third gauge, but these aeroforce gauges provide so much info that I couldn't really justify getting a 3rd gauge...

Jeff

808Boss said:
Bossfred,

I got the dual gauge pillars from SOS (speed of Sound). They take a stock Ford A-pillar and modify it by adding the pods and sell the whole thing. Alan is the owner is really nice... He knows the owner of aeroforce and brought in the gauges for me, so he was able to mail everything I needed, (aeroforce gauges, dual gauge pillars, oil pressure sensor kit, add- a circuit, 5V regulator). I did it this way to save on shipping to hawaii since he gave me a good price on shipping.

http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/2005-upMustangPod.html

I was debating between this set up and the boss 302 gauge pods and getting a third gauge, but these aeroforce gauges provide so much info that I couldn't really justify getting a 3rd gauge...

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for the reply. I have one more question. It looks like both gages are the same. is that right ?
Thanks

Maui
Bossfred,

Yes both gauges are the same. If you order the aeroforce dual gauge set, both gauges end up going to 1 wire that hooks into the obd2 port. When I did the oil pressure gauge set I only hooked up only the top gauge to the oil pressure sensor..
Jeff

I’m having trouble getting the oil temp sensor to read correctly. My gauge is from March 2011 and looking at the manual it appears my firmware is 2.8. According to the instructions, I should be able to select “Fluid Temp 1/8” but it’s not an option. I can only select “Fluid Temp”. If I go in and program the slope to 55.51 and intercept to 0.2051, it truncates the intercept to 000.2. When we put it in scan mode yesterday and the car was fully warmed up it read 370.0 Today I tried reprogramming it again and with the car completely cooled it read 270.0. I started the car and let it run and ECT would go up as the car warmed, but “Analog 1” which is where we wired the oil temps sensor, stayed at 270.0. It would only oscillate between 270.0 and 270.1 but never go higher as the oil warmed. Unfortunately there's no number to call Aeroforce and I've emailed them but no response yet. Frustrating.....

Gary,
Did you get their Fluid Temperature Sensor Kit that includes sensor and 5v regulator/signal conditioner?
Did you check to see if the sensor unit was giving the 0 to 5V the gauge needs?

BossJockey said:
Gary,
Did you get their Fluid Temperature Sensor Kit that includes sensor and 5v regulator/signal conditioner?
Yes to question 1.

Not sure. How do I test?

cloud9 said:
BossJockey said:
Gary,
Yes to question 1.

Not sure. How do I test?

You would need to use a DC voltmeter and measure the voltage between the green wire that connects to the gauge and ground.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
I’m having trouble getting the oil temp sensor to read correctly. My gauge is from March 2011 and looking at the manual it appears my firmware is 2.8. According to the instructions, I should be able to select “Fluid Temp 1/8” but it’s not an option. I can only select “Fluid Temp”. If I go in and program the slope to 55.51 and intercept to 0.2051, it truncates the intercept to 000.2. When we put it in scan mode yesterday and the car was fully warmed up it read 370.0 Today I tried reprogramming it again and with the car completely cooled it read 270.0. I started the car and let it run and ECT would go up as the car warmed, but “Analog 1” which is where we wired the oil temps sensor, stayed at 270.0. It would only oscillate between 270.0 and 270.1 but never go higher as the oil warmed. Unfortunately there's no number to call Aeroforce and I've emailed them but no response yet. Frustrating.....

You can also PM user "forcefedjunkie" on SVTP, he is Todd at Aeroforce. Last activity 2/17/12 :eek:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/member.php?u=11105

ArizonaGT said:
cloud9 said:

You can also PM user "forcefedjunkie" on SVTP, he is Todd at Aeroforce. Last activity 2/17/12 :eek:
Cool thanks.

cloud9 said:
ArizonaGT said:
cloud9 said:

Cool thanks.

Resurrecting a thread from the dead. Got my Interceptor gauge, how did you fix this Gary?

Resurrecting a thread from the dead....
[/quote]

does this installation also apply to a 2013? I would like to see the pics that were posted but for some reason they aren't loading.

Maui
Highpower11 said:
Resurrecting a thread from the dead....

does this installation also apply to a 2013? I would like to see the pics that were posted but for some reason they aren't loading.

I reposted the pics on the 1st page, so they should show up now. I'm assuming it should work for the 2013. I think you're able to check CHT temp, A/f ratio, oil temp already right? But not oil pressure... not sure why they didn't include that.

I had the same question about the oil pressure on my 13. The oil pressure gauge in the dash reads NORMAL when the car is running. Does that mean 2013s will have to run the additional sensor? I have not installed my Aeroforce gauge yet but I think its next on my list.

Thanks for adding the pic's! Looks great and it appears the installation would be the same for a 2013.

I think both years were set up with a pressure switch rather than a sensor, so adding the AeroForce oil pressure sensor would be necessary to receive pressure readings.

Maui
Highpower11 said:
Thanks for adding the pic's! Looks great and it appears the installation would be the same for a 2013.

I think both years were set up with a pressure switch rather than a sensor, so adding the AeroForce oil pressure sensor would be necessary to receive pressure readings.

No problem. Don't forget to get the 5V regulator.
I was thinking of adding a glow shift adaptor to my oil filter so I could monitor the oil temperature, but not sure how sturdy this piece would be.. Anyone use this adaptor before?

808Boss said:
No problem. Don't forget to get the 5V regulator.
I was thinking of adding a glow shift adaptor to my oil filter so I could monitor the oil temperature, but not sure how sturdy this piece would be.. Anyone use this adaptor before?

I have the glow shift adapter. No problems so far and I have lots of road miles, probably 30 trips down the drag strip and 5 track days on it. I use it for oil temps also.

Maui
06mach1 said:
I have the glow shift adapter. No problems so far and I have lots of road miles, probably 30 trips down the drag strip and 5 track days on it. I use it for oil temps also.

thanks for the input...very helpful. You haven't had leaks ever?

I'm looking to install an oil temp sensor and I'm considering this location. Is this a good location for an oil temp sensor? if not then where?

Here's a link to the Aeroforce oil temp sensor I'll use.

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_sensors_temp.html

Here's a link to another thread on this subject.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4794.msg84041#new

TMO Supporting Vendors