The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Alonso to race Indy 500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
And a Hans, and a fire system!! That is usually the easiest items to get by the "significant other"...... That is as long as your still in her good books!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
What he said. A Watson bar gives you some flexibility regarding removal. Fire suit with Shoes. Hans takes some getting used to.......get used to it!!

We have a few incidents amongst the TMO group. Thank God all have walked away!! Safety Ain't no accident!!!!

Interesting that so many of the top 10 were with Honda power yet still others like Alonso had failures again. Not sure if they are supplied ready to go from Honda or an outside engine builder. I know the Chevy's are worked over by Ilmore Racing. These Indy cars operate at a lower RPM (compared to F1 anyway) Unanswered question is still is it a design issue or build quality (or both)?

Interesting discussion from Hamilton and Kanaan. :D

Tony Kanaan fires back at Lewis Hamilton IndyCar cheap shot
KANAAN POKED FUN AT HAMILTON'S CHAMPIONSHIP DEFEAT TO NICO ROSBERG
JUNE 1, 2017

Tony Kanaan has fired back at Lewis Hamilton over his recent comments about the competition level in the Verizon IndyCar Series.

As Fernando Alonso was tackling the Indianapolis 500, Hamilton scoffed at how the Spaniard was able to be so competitive straight out of the box in qualifying.

"To see him fifth against drivers who are there all year is ... interesting,"
the triple world champion said.

Tony Kanaan, an IndyCar champion and 2013 Indy 500 winner, hit back.

"What can I say," Kanaan told GLOBO. "The guy (Hamilton) competed in a two-car world championship last year and was second, so I don't think he can say much. It was a pleasure to have Fernando here. He is humble, not like some of his colleagues who were making comments this month."

For his part, Alonso acknowledged that F1 has its competitiveness problems.

"I think F1 is very healthy right now," he told EFE news agency, "but there is still a lot of difference between teams and little room for improvisation and surprises. More or less, you know who will win the races."

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/indycar...wis-hamilton-indycar-cheap-shot#ixzz4inYJPplQ

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have to admit I think Jones should have gotten Rookie money and not Alonso --- he finished 3rd ( trophy position) and gets zip. Really liked Alonzo being in the 500, but the politics of him getting Rookie stink in my estimation. Engine issues or not , he did not finish and the top Rookie landed with a Bronze medal and is ignored --wow!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No argument at all that Alonzo was worth his weight in gold, but will side with critics who seriously questioned a Rookie getting into a trophy position against a non finisher , and not getting the accolades.

TMO Supporting Vendors