The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any Cooks Onboard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
You use smoked brisket for chili? :eek: How do you keep from just eating the brisket before making the chili? ;)

Are those some kind of greens in the pot toward the bottom of the photo?

I'm about to have the same thing for a (post-)midninght snack, but on Triscuits. Great minds think alike!
Yes Sir. Some brisket doesn’t make it to the pot. Greens…yes, jalapeños and Serranos.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Just had a delicious snack that wasn't that bad...............Salami on Ritz crackers with Provolone and the last of the native tomatoes on the side....great combination.....This is breakfast??????????????..............Why not...........................................
I do pita bread crackers, baby Swiss and thick cut pepperoni for snackin’

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Like that char…I love true wood charcoal. Wish Holly did…
Just let Holly know that Henry Ford and his cousin-in-law, Edward G Kingsford came up with the idea back in the early 1920’s. That’s all we use here is the Kingsford brand and it hasn’t let us down once.

Just let Holly know that Henry Ford and his cousin-in-law, Edward G Kingsford came up with the idea back in the early 1920’s. That’s all we use here is the Kingsford brand and it hasn’t let us down once.
That's too cool! Neat history.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Yesterday was Mark’s Marinara over rigatoni for dinner. I kinda cheat a little because I use “extra thick & zesty“ Roma tomato sauce, that way I don’t need to use tomato paste. I use Penzeys spices as they’re local and really really good plus they are robust and better than supermarket brands. I’ve adjusted the recipe over the years but now have it on paper so I get consistent batches, as I use the family for taste judging as to it being the same all the time, every time. I volunteered back when our school had a spaghetti dinner for a fund raiser to make the sauce and most people said “you should take this to the farmers markets and it would be gone before half an hour”.
I like my pasta “Al dente“ and cut the time by a minute as to not get it to the “firm” stage while draining and buttering. If the pasta gets to the “tender” stage, way way too soft and mushy. I fry up some ground sirloin to top off my bowl, don’t want to mix it in the marinara, sacrilegious.
My individual batches - three 15 oz. cans - that I prepare are good enough for two dinner servings so I freeze what’s leftover from the first dinner for later. I can add a small can of paste to that half and use it for homemade pizza & that works well. I’ve also used the full batch for lasagna or stuffed peppers or stuffed manicotti. Even works for chicken Parmesan and a host of other dishes.

IMG_3265.jpeg

IMG_3263.jpeg

IMG_3268.jpeg

IMG_3271.jpeg

IMG_3273.jpeg

IMG_3275.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm a glutton for Italian food......One Christmas many yrs ago I made a tray of Lasagna AND a tray of Eggplant Parm for Christmas dinner for 10 and this was after coming home from work, mind you.The dining room table had all 3 leafs in it that day. I'd probably be taken away on a stretcher if I tried that stunt now.............Both of those dishes require a lot of work and prep!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel