The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone Modded and Tuned Their Focus ST?

Just wondering if anyone has gone that route with their ST yet? I'm thinking about buying one or a Taurus SHO if I can afford it. I've seen quite a few places out there that mod and tune these cars. Cobb tuning has a stage 2 & 3 package out. They claim a 26% increase in horsepower and 28% increase in tq with this package. Would the car still be reliable with that kind of increase? Thanks guys.
 
Check with Shelby as they are offering a kit for the ST.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Boss240 said:
That kit is ridiculously expensive in the neighborhood of $15,000.
the Cobb packages look good decent prices. Honestly I don't know who is the go too for st's. I personally would stay away from Hennessy
 
Definitely staying away from Hennessey. Yeah Cobb stage 3 kit for $2999 getting you around 317 horsepower. Maybe Livernois is still working on the ST and isn't ready to release anything yet.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Boss240 said:
Definitely staying away from Hennessey. Yeah Cobb stage 3 kit for $2999 getting you around 317 horsepower. Maybe Livernois is still working on the ST and isn't ready to release anything yet.
if they arent working on it they are missing out. they have tunes for the sho and f150 eco boost.
 
I bought one and have been reading on another forum of those who have tuned them. Cobb tune, Steeda tune seem to be the ones that are most talked about there.
the Shelby $15,000 is mostly cosmetic with the exception of the larger wheels/tires, suspension and brakes. which most of which can be had through Ford racing or other aftermarket companies. the tune that they will be offering, which is not available yet, will add 45-50 HP per the Shelby rep.
I'm wanting to keep the warranty in tact so am waiting for the Ford power kit that was mentioned at Sema. their claims were 10% in power gains, so 25 more horse and would keep the warranty in tact. it also mentioned that it would most likely have a cold air intake kit. due out mid 2013, so anytime now.
here's the link with the info
http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-racing-introduces-upgrade-parts-for-focus-st-power-kit-coming-2012-sema-show/
 
1fastang said:
I bought one and have been reading on another forum of those who have tuned them. Cobb tune, Steeda tune seem to be the ones that are most talked about there.
the Shelby $15,000 is mostly cosmetic with the exception of the larger wheels/tires, suspension and brakes. which most of which can be had through Ford racing or other aftermarket companies. the tune that they will be offering, which is not available yet, will add 45-50 HP per the Shelby rep.
I'm wanting to keep the warranty in tact so am waiting for the Ford power kit that was mentioned at Sema. their claims were 10% in power gains, so 25 more horse and would keep the warranty in tact. it also mentioned that it would most likely have a cold air intake kit. due out mid 2013, so anytime now.
here's the link with the info
http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-racing-introduces-upgrade-parts-for-focus-st-power-kit-coming-2012-sema-show/

Thanks for the link. 25 more horsepower from Ford isn't enough for me. I like the sound of the Cobb stage 3 of about 65 more horsepower.
 
If you do the Ford Racing tune dont they only warranty the car for only 12 months 12,000 miles and you loose the original Ford warranty?
 
Boss240 said:
If you do the Ford Racing tune dont they only warranty the car for only 12 months 12,000 miles and you loose the original Ford warranty?

that I don't know as I would think more info would come along with when it's available. I'm not one to mod my cars so I may not be the best source of info in that category. I do like reading about the guys here and elsewhere that mod and what power they gain.
 
the Ford racing tune is said to be coming soon.

Fits 2013-2014 Focus ST
More usable power
Up to a 90 lb-ft. torque and 48 HP increase on premium fuel

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/2013_2014_FOCUS_ST_FORD_RACING_PERFORMANCE_TUNE_p/m-9603a-fst.htm
 
Yes it is although I wonder if it's accurate to what really will be gained. I say that because there's an article where they did this performance calibration on a Focus ST that had gains of 7hp and 64 torque, which would seem more realistic.
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/1402_project_silver_lining_focus_st_calibration_boosts/
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
1fastang said:
Yes it is although I wonder if it's accurate to what really will be gained. I say that because there's an article where they did this performance calibration on a Focus ST that had gains of 7hp and 64 torque, which would seem more realistic.
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/1402_project_silver_lining_focus_st_calibration_boosts/
Yeah the peak hp gain isn't so great but what it picks up down low where you use the power in a DD is pretty impressive!!
I really want one pretty bad but I have to first pay down the boss (wifes orders lol)
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top