The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone modify the side exhaust?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

http://store.jpcracing.com/2011-GT-50-KOOKS-Side-Pipes-for-use-with-Kooks-LTs-and-Boss-H_p_1986.html

Saw it for $535 earlier, don't remember where

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
CaliMR said:
Thanks for being the guinea pig. Let us know if it drones on the highway please.

I wonder if they would put a different tip on a set, I want regular slash cuts.
depending on how the drone is I could care less.

confession since I put on the magnaflow exhaust I have stopped running the trackey as it feels slower and doesnt sound as good as silver key...I need more side pipe!!

I dont know about changing the tips but I do know they do a lot of custom work. They are going to make me a custom exhaust system that I designed as soon as I come up with the extra cash.

Octopus headers?

I'm pretty excited to hear how the side pipes turn out, I was talking to my bro about them and he got so excited that it got me excited. I'm sure they would do the tips if I paid for custom work but the regular ones already would blow me past my budget for mods this year after all the cooling bits.

Don't buy the kooks side pipes just yet. They are not a direct replacement for your factory pipes. I have a video I will post later but kooks wants be to put them back on and take pics for them to see where they went wrong. They are nice looking pipes I think but they don't bolt up. The bend is wrong or something they still need to fix. More on this later. For now don't buy them and expect a direct bolt on to your factory pipes

Steve said:
Don't buy the kooks side pipes just yet. They are not a direct replacement for your factory pipes. I have a video I will post later but kooks wants be to put them back on and take pics for them to see where they went wrong. They are nice looking pipes I think but they don't bolt up. The bend is wrong or something they still need to fix. More on this later. For now don't buy them and expect a direct bolt on to your factory pipes

Good info Steve. I was under the impression the side pipes were made to fit their setup which is different from the factory mid-pipes. I figured I was wrong after reading some posts here but now I think that is the case.

I don't know much about the Kooks but for people worrying about drone I would ask a lot of questions before I switched. I know Ford put a ton of effort into the side pipes so they have no drone, discs of any size or not. Sometimes (and Kooks may be different) aftermarket products do not get engineered to the same standards.

I totally agree with you on all point. I just liked the look and wanted to give them I try . Figured I could return them if I didn't like them. I didn't know I was getting myself into designing the dang things for them. Which is where I find myself now. Helping redesign so they do fit.

does not suprise me. i think ol george moved his operation off shore a few years ago. i know he was looking into it for sure. thailand is a big off shore welding happy country. alot of goverment funded schools there that teach welding.

steve

got the confirmation on the kooks operation. they did try to move to thailand but did not. they ended up moving to mooresville north carolina. but if you ever talked to george you will understand why i would go to american racing...

Well I honestly am not happy with them. It took them 5 days to get me the pipes via ups from statesville NC to Knoxville, TN. About a 3 1/2 hour drive. Only to find out they don't fit as promised. Now they want me to try and bolt them up again and take pictures so they can figure out how to best fix the problem by either using some kind of adapter or changing the pipe itself. I should be getting paid for that. Granted the delivery part was because I ordered on a Friday and they are closed on the weekend but still it's ridiculous . The whole experience so far is just been bad. To ship them back for a refund is going to be $28. Oh well I had to be first. Jeez...

listen,
i have never spoken to a vendor who has openly cursed me on the phone. i will never promote there product due to that reason.
there competition american racing might be a good choice. i have never had any issue with them. ill call my contact tomorrow and see if they can make something up. ill even be the guinea pig if need be

Wow. I don't blame you. Who was it that cursed you. I have been dealing with chris the head sales guy. He has been nice to me but no one should be cursed at and expect there business. Maybe I will just pay the money and send them back for a refund. That's not the way to do business.

TMO Supporting Vendors