The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Are you an MCA member?

Are you a Mustang Club of America member?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Just noticed this in the "Market Place" section of Mustang Times:

View attachment 63358

There are currently a few ads under the "Miscellaneous" category for appraisal services, window sticker reproductions, jackets, and Mustang Sales Brochures.

If we have 6 MCA members, we can run an ad for a year. I'm willing to sponsor an ad for 2 months.

Granted, these are not the most eye-catching ads since they have no graphics and most readers may flip/scroll right past them. You get what you pay for but it's better than nothing.
On this note, I'm drafting my free classified ad for the Mustang Times magazine, trying to make it look non-commercial to meet their guidelines. If any other MCA members would like to use this, assuming you're not going to use your free listing for anything else, feel free to post this on TMO's behalf - it's right at the 55 word count maximum:

Online group of Mustang owners who love to track their cars, looking for more track rats to join us and discuss set-ups, techniques, preparation, track day recaps, and exchange information and tips over on TrackMustangsOnline.com. Both beginners and seasoned racers are welcome. Log on and participate with us and share your Mustang photos and specs!

Never heard of MCA??????????????????............I joined AARP yrs ago , only to realize their main concern is to sell insurance...................the innocent grow wiser as they grow older.........at least the lucky ones do..............................still have that land in Florida for sale..........don't ask how it came into my possession...

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
assuming you're not going to use your free listing for anything else, feel free to post this on TMO's behalf
Good stuff. But to avoid two or more of us posting the same month and perhaps none in another month, perhaps we can coordinate here.

Chris, if you run that ad two months in a row, I can volunteer to run it for the following two months. Then hopefully we can get at least 4 more members for the rest of the rotation.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Good stuff. But to avoid two or more of us posting the same month and perhaps none in another month, perhaps we can coordinate here.

Chris, if you run that ad two months in a row, I can volunteer to run it for the following two months. Then hopefully we can get at least 4 more members for the rest of the rotation.
I set my ad to run in June.

I can rewrite it if you and others want to run it for your/their free 2 months. I'd certainly be grateful for that.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Atlanta, GA
Just reading this thread. My wife and I recently adopted a baby so getting caught up :) Ironically I just had my first HPDE, since being out with the baby, at Road Atlanta with MCA (45th Anniversary event). I met a lot of great people and enjoyed walking the car show between sessions. I agree with @steveespo Brian Shafernek is the MCA track guru and would be a great person to discuss synergies between TMO and MCA. During the drivers meeting they mentioned wanting to do more HPDE events so at least for the folks organizing this event they understand the enthusiasm for track events.

I’ve been a MCA member for a couple years. I enjoy the Mustang times and I attend a Regional Show in the N. GA mountains. I have a lot more in common with the TMO and track community. However, I find the MCA folks to always be approachable and friendly at the show.

I’m happy to use my two free ad spaces to promote TMO. Just let me know what months so we aren‘t duplicating ads.

Cheers,

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Just reading this thread. My wife and I recently adopted a baby so getting caught up :) Ironically I just had my first HPDE, since being out with the baby, at Road Atlanta with MCA (45th Anniversary event). I met a lot of great people and enjoyed walking the car show between sessions. I agree with @steveespo Brian Shafernek is the MCA track guru and would be a great person to discuss synergies between TMO and MCA. During the drivers meeting they mentioned wanting to do more HPDE events so at least for the folks organizing this event they understand the enthusiasm for track events.

I’ve been a MCA member for a couple years. I enjoy the Mustang times and I attend a Regional Show in the N. GA mountains. I have a lot more in common with the TMO and track community. However, I find the MCA folks to always be approachable and friendly at the show.

I’m happy to use my two free ad spaces to promote TMO. Just let me know what months so we aren‘t duplicating ads.

Cheers,
Feel free to edit what I wrote above for my listing and personalize it for yours Nick. And so long as you don't run yours for June, you should be good.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Atlanta, GA
Just received this email today from MCA. I thought it would be good information for this thread.
MCA Presents “High Plains Drifter” HPDE at Hartland Motorsports Park Topeka Kansas.
October 2nd Saturday and 3rd Sunday 2021. Early arrival entry on October 1st Friday
Small run groups of 25 with more track time.
Each of the four run groups will have 5 / 20-minute sessions each day.
Instructors available for Novice run group.
Open to All Makes.
Garages and RV parking available.
For More information go to MotorsportsReg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
That's great MCA is doing that. I didn't get that email but being in PA I don't think I'm in their target audience anyway. But it's not much closer to you in GA either so I'm surprised they sent it to you.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Just as a FYI - I did see the AD Ludachris placed in the June edition of Mustang Times in the classified/miscellaneous section. Very nice. I also was happy to see Charlie Jones talk a bit about my home course High Plains Raceway in his Roadracer's Corner article. Perhaps another tact would be to see if we could get Charlie to visit the site and get a mention in an upcoming article.

TMO Supporting Vendors