The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BEST WAY TO REMOVE 5.0 BADGES FROM THE FRONT FENDERS - HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2015 brings some major mods to my 2012 GT, including the additional of a set of Boss 302 stripes. They are enroute and will be delivered this week. Can anyone offer suggestions on removing the 5.0. badges on the front fenders? I know there are alignment pins. I am not concerned about damage to the badges, rather, I do not want to damage the fender or the paint. Also, seeing as there will be small holes or slots once the badges are removed, I should have some type of fill in before applying the Boss 302 striping. Open to all suggestions.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Have not done this myself but the best way I've heard of is to mask off the surrounding area with painters tape then drag a light fishing line between the emblem and the fender to separate the adhesive.

Yup, or dental floss. Then get some goo gone (not goof off) to remove the residue. Don't be shocked when you discover that Ford still puts holes in its fenders to line up badges.

Heat will help loosen the adhesive so a blow dryer or even a heat lamp will make the removal much easier.

If you don't have any goo gone then WD40 on a micro fiber towel works fairly well to remove the leftover adhesive. Make sure to wash the area thoroughly to get rid of the goo gone, WD40, or wax before installing stripes. I'm fond of "Dawn" dishwashing soap to remove any previous wax or traces of goo gone / WD40.

they come off pretty easy, can't recall how i got them off but its just like double side tape. there will be holes in the fender and they do not line up perfect with the stripes

i have a lot of pics as i did this to my 2012 5.0 when i was making into a boss clone

see pics here - http://s783.photobucket.com/user/GOTSVT/library/2012%20Mustang%20GT?sort=2&page=1

GOT SVT said:
they come off pretty easy, can't recall how i got them off but its just like double side tape. there will be holes in the fender and they do not line up perfect with the stripes

i have a lot of pics as i did this to my 2012 5.0 when i was making into a boss clone

see pics here - http://s783.photobucket.com/user/GOTSVT/library/2012%20Mustang%20GT?sort=2&page=1

Thank you all for your answers. GOT SVT your pics show me exactly what I needed to know, and your car is almost exactly how I'm modifying mine. Fascia/splitter, LS rims, stripes, rear deck emblem (I'm going with 2013 to match my car color). Did you modify the suspension or engine?

GOT SVT said:
cool, look forward to seeing

mine was all looks, stock engine and suspension

Thanks GOT SVT! Check the calendar pic request blog, the car is pictures there in its current config.

In 2013 I added a Boss302 intake manifold, CAI and tune by Steeda, 2014 BBK 85mm TB, Pypes axle back muffler deletes. 2015 K springs are in the garage as well as a Whiteline 27mm rear sway bar, Boss302 LS rims and other dress up mods as mentioned.

The engine mods were performed by Steeda in Canada, and really allowed the engine to breath and gave a huge horse power bump. TB and axle back were after the Steeda mods.

I see you are a Boss owner now.

DSC01649_zps09048604.jpg
P1180220_zps8b5d7896.jpg
DSC01653_zps3b192653.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors