The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish Racing Shifter Fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: those with shifter issues, enter now!

buland said:
Hi Steve
Perfect work.
I've send you a E-Mail with a Shipping Quote request for Switzerland.
If patrickshelby also order this great mod possibly you can send all together to switzerland.
[/size]
[/size]Thank you
[/size]Andreas
YES!
I am more than happy to share shipping with Andreas! This will give me an oportunity to visit my buddy to collect my kit :)
Great!

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland

patrickshelby said:
YES!
I am more than happy to share shipping with Andreas! This will give me an oportunity to visit my buddy to collect my kit :)
Great!

you guys are in!

Hey Guys, Just got done talking to Steve at Blowfish Racing and I hit him with a question. Being a Beta tester, how do we go about getting the New designed trans mount. When we signed on the dotted line to be a tester and agreed not to talk abput his new product and gave the $100 to become a tester. We were lead to believe that when the new product hit the market. All beta testers would receive the new part for just the cost of shipping. Well this is the response that I received.

Steve, forgot to ask. What do I need to do to get the new trans mount being a beta tester.

[size=12pt]not one thing. i was originally going to charge shipping for the beta testers, but you guys have been so invaluable that they are just going out for free and without question. [/size]

May I post your comment and add my comment to BMO.
You are way to kind and have me as a customer and supporter for as long as I own my stang!

Need I say anymore about Steve and his Company....BLOWFISH RACING
All Beta testers are receiving a new trans mount for free and no shipping charge.

Sorry I cant help myself....WHERE ARE YOU NOW FORD.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss

Steve:

Got one ordered...I think?? Can't wait...Thank you for inventing this "Fix"....I really think Ford should take notice...it's a shame they released what they did on the MT-82. For me...the shifting issues have really soured an otherwise wonderful experience with the Boss.

Wayne

If we decide to move to the MGW in the future do you think we would have to buy another unit or just the adapter?

For me I usually have the 1-2 shift problem and can bang out the 2-3 shift 98% of the time.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Steve:

I read your press release yesterday and love your solution to eliminate the lower shifter box "body" mount. Then using the "top" side of the rear transmission cross member mount to support the lower shifter box rear support post, or twin post for the MGW unit.

In my mind this keeps the engine, trans, and now the remote shifter tied together as a unit and allows proper alignment of the remote shifter under heavy torquing loads. Very nice and congratulations. I envision your solution will become a must mod for all S197 owners, just like having an MGW or Barton design shifter.

Next I want recognize you for the First Class care and attention you have demonstrated to your Beta Testers. Outstanding, my hat is off to you Sir!

I'll order mine soon.
All the Best and Good Selling,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland

Sean said:
If we decide to move to the MGW in the future do you think we would have to buy another unit or just the adapter?

For me I usually have the 1-2 shift problem and can bang out the 2-3 shift 98% of the time.
The kit includes parts for both, so you are good to go if you want to switch:)

Can a newbie install this? Will this prevent shift lockout? At an autocross this year after heavy accleration in first gear, it locked me out of second.....will this solve that problem?

I feel your pain. I was also locked out of gear under a heavy right foot. This mount put an end to that for me. It also made second to third a breeze. If I miss a gear now (and I have'nt) it's all my fault.
To answer your question about install, It's very easy to install with just a scoket set. The only parts that you have to remove is the snout bracket on the shifter and the center bolt on the trans mount. Loosen the two remaining bolts about 1/4 " worth and mount blowfish's bracket to the rear of the trans. Reinstalling the center bolt. Then slide the top bracket around the driveshaft and bolt to the top of the new trans mount. Last part is the shifter snout bracket that mounts to the new shifter bracket. It sounds harder and even looks harder from the drawing but it is really so easy to do. if you have a shop do the install, they should not charge you more than 1 hour labor.
Please post up if you do the install yourself so other can understand how easy this is to end you shifting problems and return the fun back to running thru the gears and finding them...

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
yeah, it had to be taken down because of errors causing people to think the order didn't go through. i have issued a lot of refund for redundant orders this morning! working with the admin tonight. hope its up by the morning.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
yeah, still pre-orders. product will be ready to go around labor day. if anyone wants to place an order before the site is back up, email me with your shipping address at: [email protected] and i will send an invoice to be paid online.

Steve;

I have the MGW shifter with the heat sheild installed. What do I do with the heat shield if I remove it to install your new bracket? Can the heat shield be modified to co-exist with your new bracket? Are the bushings or grease in the MGW shifter going to have long term issues w/o this heat shield in place?

Tim

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Tim, i can't honestly tell you because i have no idea why its even there? if you don't need one for a stock shifter, why does the mgw need it? maybe the 2 mgw beta testers can chime in on their experience without he heat shield?

i do believe, though, that if you could trim the heat shield to keep it...well some of it. the back 1/3 of the shield would be hacked off because it sits where the rear mount is, which is now flipped down.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
TEST PARTS TEASER PIC!!

got the test parts today! everything looks fantastic and fits brilliantly. aluminum is black anodized, just as the final product would be, but the steel still needs powdercoating. still have commitments from suppliers for the end of the month, so Labor Day is still a good ship date!

testparts_zps32c1f7ff.jpg

pufferfish said:
yeah, it had to be taken down because of errors causing people to think the order didn't go through. i have issued a lot of refund for redundant orders this morning! working with the admin tonight. hope its up by the morning.

Steve,

The error baffled me, sorry about the redundant orders. I'll PM or email you about my order.

Hector

TMO Supporting Vendors