• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish Racing Shifter Fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve, you need to donate one to a drag racing team or a race car (if they still have MT-82s). That should give you great exposure. Once people really start talking about it on SVTP, I think you're set.

F.D. Sako said:
Steve, you need to donate one to a drag racing team or a race car (if they still have MT-82s). That should give you great exposure. Once people really start talking about it on SVTP, I think you're set.

I feel like quite a few people on SVTP have bought them, though giving one to JPC would help exposure tremendously. I am surprised in a good way that pretty much all of them have sold in about a week or so, goes to show if you make a product that is well engineered and truly fixes and issue people will buy them hand over fist.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
WinterSucks said:
Steve I suspect you could get enough pre-orders that you could make a massive qty purchase on the parts and make some good money.
You would be surprised to find out there is virtually no change in cost from 200 units to 1000 units! I was shocked!

That is odd given that they do save setup time doing one batch. Maybe the place you are using does not consider those numbers large enough. Shopping around shouldn't be hard with simple pieces like that.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
its universally a job shop thing. i have competitively quoted this thing across the eastern seaboard! i think they make the 1000pc orders unappetizing on purpose. they probably don't want to turn away other customers to dedicate their efforts to one, which makes perfect business sense.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
i was wondering that myself? i sure as heck didn't make one yet! there might be one being made starting next week if i close a deal with CJ pony parts.

Ultrakla$$ic

ωιℓℓ ωσяк ƒσя ωнιρρℓє!!!!
Sweet on the deal with CJPonyparts!! 8)

The CAD pic of your part looks pretty straightforward on installation. I was just wondering. ;)

This part "should" revolutionize the flaws of the trans design in these high HP/TQ cars that flex when loaded. When more success stories hit the net, I'd venture to say other makes with similar trans designs will be scrambling to mimick your design. Patent this bad boy and capitalize on your genius innovation!! Thanks for the break on the introductory price as well!!!

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Ultrakla$$ic said:
Sweet on the deal with CJPonyparts!! 8)

The CAD pic of your part looks pretty straightforward on installation. I was just wondering. ;)

This part "should" revolutionize the flaws of the trans design in these high HP/TQ cars that flex when loaded. When more success stories hit the net, I'd venture to say other makes with similar trans designs will be scrambling to mimick your design. Copyright this bad boy and capitalize on your genius innovation!! Thanks for the break on the introductory price as well!!!
thanks! it was totally flattering to get approached by them.

no worries, the patent embodies all possible iterations of this design...specifically the 05-10 stang, GT500, camaro and challenger. the other guys can have whomever is left;) development will begin in the next few months for the other cars.

Brandon302 said:
Talk about snowballing.

Yea but these snowballs make money. Maybe Steve will get enough money to buy a Boss? ;D

I would definitely talk to Vorshlag, Kenny Brown, Strano. Those guys might get more traffic from racers who care most about fixing the shifting issues and have the money to spend on this kind of mod. I could see a regular Joe just risking it with the OEM trash while the racers will spend the money.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
WinterSucks said:
Yea but these snowballs make money. Maybe Steve will get enough money to buy a Boss? ;D

I would definitely talk to Vorshlag, Kenny Brown, Strano. Those guys might get more traffic from racers who care most about fixing the shifting issues and have the money to spend on this kind of mod. I could see a regular Joe just risking it with the OEM trash while the racers will spend the money.

ha! i cant buy a new boss for the same reason i can't buy a vintage boss...i can't help but modify them within inches of street legal...sometimes a few inches past ::)

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
ass clowns at SVTP shut down the thread i didn't even start!

got this message from admin there:

STAMPEDE3 said:
Dear pufferfish,

You have received a warning at SVTPerformance.

Reason:
-------
Spammed Advertisements

You need to contact Travis (Sid297) about becoming a vendor or approval if you wish to sell here.
-------

Original Post:
[post]14341587[/post]
The potential redundant orders occurred from around 9pm EST Wednesday, to 2pm EST Thursday and only when paid by credit card and the customer actively attempting to order again when reaching a 404 error code after the payment screen. These redundant orders, if not already refunded, will be when it is sorted out. If you fit this criteria, please check your credit card statements to make sure only one charge remains. If you have more than one, contact us. We won't keep your money, promise.

That said, until this all gets cleared up, if you want to get your order in, please email your shipping info to [email protected] and I will send out an invoice to be paid online.

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
SVTPerformance

my response:

you must be joking! i have been TRYING TO BECOME A VENDOR FOR THE PAST MONTH...well before SOMEONE ELSE posted about my new product and as soon as they did, i contacted Travis IMMEDIATELY to remind him and tell him about the thread. if I am breaking the SVTP rules, its on Travis, not me!

I really dont think you need them. This time next year or by the end of this year after the big companies pick you up you'll forget all about SVT. You only just begun selling your product. When a product is a fix the product sells itsef by whomever buys it. Nothing better than word of mouth. It can make you or break you. Your already out there and theres no stoping it now. I would worrie more about restocking for all those order that are rolling in. You have a very hungrey market you need to feed.

Dam Shame shutting down a thread you didnt start and Blame you!!

pufferfish said:
ass clowns at SVTP shut down the thread i didn't even start!

got this message from admin there:

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
SVTPerformance

my response:

you must be joking! i have been TRYING TO BECOME A VENDOR FOR THE PAST MONTH...well before SOMEONE ELSE posted about my new product and as soon as they did, i contacted Travis IMMEDIATELY to remind him and tell him about the thread. if I am breaking the SVTP rules, its on Travis, not me!
[/quote]

I PM'ed the admin that shut it down explaining that I am not the seller and was just passing off info, I will see what he says. As per usual SVTP perpetuates the DB stereo type.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel