• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish Racing Shifter Fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
[quote author=Brandon302]
I PM'ed the admin that shut it down explaining that I am not the seller and was just passing off info, I will see what he says. As per usual SVTP perpetuates the DB stereo type.
[/quote]

hope you didn't send it to SID297...he is the one who wouldn't get back to me about becoming a vendor.

thanks for the support peeps. i appreciate it.

SVTP = butthurt, too much drama on that site.

Your finished product will be your legacy, and by the favorable reports of "the fix" from the beta testers it sounds like you will be remembered for along time.

Enjoy what you have started and congratulations!

Barry

I'm not a big fan of that site at all. BossMustangs and Boss302forum are my go to sites for reputable info from guys in the know.
Don't worry Steve, if the bracket does what we think it will, you better find a shop that can scale quickly :D

Can't wait to get mine . . .

pufferfish said:
ass clowns at SVTP shut down the thread i didn't even start!

got this message from admin there:

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
SVTPerformance

my response:

you must be joking! i have been TRYING TO BECOME A VENDOR FOR THE PAST MONTH...well before SOMEONE ELSE posted about my new product and as soon as they did, i contacted Travis IMMEDIATELY to remind him and tell him about the thread. if I am breaking the SVTP rules, its on Travis, not me!
[/quote]

VoodooBoss

Rick
Calif boss302 said:
BossMustangs and Boss302forum are my go to sites for reputable info from guys in the know.
From the onset BMO was specifically designed to NOT emulate SVTP and TMS. ;)

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
NFSBOSS said:
From the onset BMO was specifically designed to NOT emulate SVTP and TMS. ;)

And that's why so many people that wanting to participate in conversation about the cars and car events come here first.

Thanks Rick, Gary, Justin, Pete and others. ;D

We all have our right to reserve our feelings about another site and what took place. But maybe we should be the better site and not express those feelings on BMO message boards. Just my 1/2 cent.

Back on topic......So when can the first batch of brackets be expected to be shiped?
Really cant wait to hear all the reviews on this. I have one already so my excitement has droped some. Just want to see how many different ways someone can rave about Steves product. Makes for good reading!

Who knows, after the first batch of brackets hits the market Steve may even have People... 8)

boss man said:
Back on topic......So when can the first batch of brackets be expected to be shiped?
Really cant wait to hear all the reviews on this. I have one already so my excitement has droped some. Just want to see how many different ways someone can rave about Steves product. Makes for good reading!

Who knows, after the first batch of brackets hits the market Steve may even have People... 8)

Steve mentioned right after Labor Day on my order (yep got mine in).
So now that I have the Blowfish Bracket on order, I was wondering what the group thought about needing or installing the Whiteline Bushing?? I did buy an MGW Shifter as that will be going in at the same time as the bracket, but wondering if the Whiteline bushing would be needed or make it even better or worse??

It would at least move around as the engine torque changes, right? I have engine mounts and the bushing so I don't think the engine and trans will move enough for me to worry about the shifter hitting the sheet metal. I would be worried about installing only the trans bushing. My thinking is that the engine torque and g-forces are only being countered by that mount if you make it stiffer than the soft engine mounts. Might lead to premature failure of the trans mount, worst case.

pufferfish said:
hope you didn't send it to SID297...he is the one who wouldn't get back to me about becoming a vendor.

thanks for the support peeps. i appreciate it.

I don't any of the details but if you'd like I can ask Travis where you stand.

Tob

I see you never filled out the list of testers but I also see you're already shipping orders so you're probably past that stage. If you're still testing I'd love to try. It wont see track time but I do hard shift from time to time and daily drive. If you are done testing I'd like some info. I haven't found any order/info link.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
null said:
I see you never filled out the list of testers but I also see you're already shipping orders so you're probably past that stage. If you're still testing I'd love to try. It wont see track time but I do hard shift from time to time and daily drive. If you are done testing I'd like some info. I haven't found any order/info link.

for more information read post 138 on this tread.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
I lost track of the list in the first post as beta testers were jockey'd around. its updated.

This past Friday, I had a meeting with my manufacturer to decide on the powdercoat color. For part number simplicity, only one color could be chosen. It, of course, had to be FORD BLUE!

fordblueatcjpp_zps43086191.jpg

after choosing the color, i headed over to CJ Pony Parts for a meeting to discuss a distributor deal. Great group of folks! We did an install video on their "Gotta Have It Strip" car. They won't release the video until product is on the shelves, but you will all have the ability to finally have a video install of one of my products! As you can guess, they aren't going to do a video just because i'm a nice guy ;) CJ will be a key, if not exclusive, reseller of the Blowfish Brand.

While I was there, a special guest popped in on his way to the American Muscle event. He isn't as important as what he was driving...

2015atcjpp_zpsc8def7f6.jpg

Bill (their face man), did an impromptu video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLlb56WFnT8&list=UUR8RgPKigvgl0_f4viiCf0A

I don't know what looks sexier the Ford Blue Blowfish Bracket or the 2015 GT. HAHA! Who am I kidding . . . the Bracket looks WAY better!
Can't wait for mine to ship.

Great call on the color Steve!

pufferfish said:
I lost track of the list in the first post as beta testers were jockey'd around. its updated.

This past Friday, I had a meeting with my manufacturer to decide on the powdercoat color. For part number simplicity, only one color could be chosen. It, of course, had to be FORD BLUE!

fordblueatcjpp_zps43086191.jpg

after choosing the color, i headed over to CJ Pony Parts for a meeting to discuss a distributor deal. Great group of folks! We did an install video on their "Gotta Have It Strip" car. They won't release the video until product is on the shelves, but you will all have the ability to finally have a video install of one of my products! As you can guess, they aren't going to do a video just because i'm a nice guy ;) CJ will be a key, if not exclusive, reseller of the Blowfish Brand.

While I was there, a special guest popped in on his way to the American Muscle event. He isn't as important as what he was driving...

2015atcjpp_zpsc8def7f6.jpg

Bill (their face man), did an impromptu video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLlb56WFnT8&list=UUR8RgPKigvgl0_f4viiCf0A

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel