• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish Racing Shifter Fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
Steve, great vid!!
Can't wait to install on my Boss's.

If you have another orders from Switzerland and they have Problems, i can help if you want.

ANdreas

F.D. Sako said:
Steve!

I asked you to sign my shifter bracket... remember?! 8)

Lol...I had asked him the same thing and also requested him to number mine as #001. With all the outstanding reviews he may have to number it #0001. :eek:

Steve, You finally made your way out of that wet paper bag that we talked about. Good luck and ENJOY your success. Please keep the Beta Testers in mind for your next product.

Ultrakla$$ic

ωιℓℓ ωσяк ƒσя ωнιρρℓє!!!!
So with the new shifter bracket, there's gonna be a ton of Barton pieces in the FORSALE section.

My question is will I have to remove anything off of my MGW to put this Blowfish shifter fix on my car.....ie...will I have parts from my MGW that will be replaced by the shifter bracket that comes with this product???

Great install video. What are you doing about the shifter mounting studs hanging down from the floor pan? Can these studs hit your new bracket when the transmission flexes under heavy load? It was hard to see what was going on up there in the video.

Tim

Ultrakla$$ic said:
My question is will I have to remove anything off of my MGW to put this Blowfish shifter fix on my car.....ie...will I have parts from my MGW that will be replaced by the shifter bracket that comes with this product???

Looking at the vid and pics, the only thing you would have to remove/modify is the heat shield.

Is the rear mount solid? If so, I may have to put in the less flexible insert for the MGW rear mount.

thehueypilot said:
Great install video. What are you doing about the shifter mounting studs hanging down from the floor pan? Can these studs hit your new bracket when the transmission flexes under heavy load? It was hard to see what was going on up there in the video.

Tim

The studs can't be removed without cutting them I believe but they won't hit the rear bracket as it is triangulated.

Ultrakla$$ic said:
So with the new shifter bracket, there's gonna be a ton of Barton pieces in the FORSALE section.

Looks like it has a bracket for stock shifter box and inverts the MGW rear bracket for MGW box. Also appears to clear the rear bracket bolts that are attached to the car.
SSB-MGW_zps62da2a50.jpg

Stock Box with supplied Blowfish bracket:
SSB-1_zpsecc2a6f8.jpg

Ultrakla$$ic

ωιℓℓ ωσяк ƒσя ωнιρρℓє!!!!
F.D. Sako said:
Looking at the vid and pics, the only thing you would have to remove/modify is the heat shield.

Is the rear mount solid? If so, I may have to put in the less flexible insert for the MGW rear mount.
Calif boss302 said:
Looks like it has a bracket for stock shifter box and inverts the MGW rear bracket for MGW box. Also appears to clear the rear bracket bolts that are attached to the car.
SSB-MGW_zps62da2a50.jpg

Stock Box with supplied Blowfish bracket:
SSB-1_zpsecc2a6f8.jpg

Thanks guys. I see it all now!!! I'm pumped!! That's about as solid as you can get right there!! 8)

Ultrakla$$ic said:
Thanks guys. I see it all now!!! I'm pumped!! That's about as solid as you can get right there!! 8)

We are all excited . . .mine is on order and can't wait. Now I'm deciding since I have a brand new MGW Shifter sitting in a box do I do both at the same time, or just the blowfish then the MGW? Hate to install the bracket only to take it off to install the shifter later. Either way a fix is on the way!

Calif boss302 said:
We are all excited . . .mine is on order and can't wait. Now I'm deciding since I have a brand new MGW Shifter sitting in a box do I do both at the same time, or just the blowfish then the MGW? Hate to install the bracket only to take it off to install the shifter later. Either way a fix is on the way!

I would install both, unless money is an issue. The MGW feels a lot better.

What's nice about this bracket is that it fixes the MT-82 shifting problems even with the stock shifter giving you the freedom to chose whatever shifter you want. This is Great for the Factory Stock guys! You no longer need the poster child MGW shifter, thinking it will cure all shifting problems that the MT-82 gives. Funny part is, it's really not the transmission at all. It's just the remote shifter design. MT-82 is a well built and geared trans for our cars.
After you install this bracket your transmission will be known as the BF-82.

MT-82 = Money Trap =$$$$$
BF-82 = BlowFish = ;D ;D ;D 8)

Just trying to shed some hummor on this wonderfull product that will change the MT-82 into a transmission that is well liked. I'm sure the Blue Oval will be happy. Will reduce the warrenty claims on transmission and maybe some clutch's. I'll bet there are past Boss owners that sold because of the shifting flaw. I know it crossed my mind a couple of times. Just hated how the car shifted and felt like FORD just stood there and watched Mustang owners get so upset with there ride. I mean... the best thing Ford could come up with on a TSB was to change the tranny fluid.

To me the bracket is the best bang for the buck under $250.00 That actually does EVERYTHING it's supposed to do. And at no extra charge it's going to refresh that smile that we all got the day our cars were delivered to us. Giving you back the confidence in shifting thru the gears! I've had the bracket for over a month and still am impressed with how it change the car and how I now feel about it. I told Steve the day I installed this bracket that he hit a Homerun and had a real deal part with NO second guessing.

As for the CJ Pony Parts, must be nice for Steve to sit back and say yea.... CJ is one of MY distruibtors.

It would be interesting to know what the Ford Design Team thinks of this fix. Anyone got any contacts within the Engineering department?

Tim

I saw the install on CJ this morning, looks like a very high quality piece,I can not wait for mine to arrive, I have the MGW shifter and the Whiteline bushing insert. This maybe the best upgrade yet.Thankyou Blowfish.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
thehueypilot said:
It would be interesting to know what the Ford Design Team thinks of this fix. Anyone got any contacts within the Engineering department?

Tim

The 2015 MT82 shifter has rods that link it to the tranny case in a similar fashion.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Pretty sure that pic was of a bench demo, which of course needed the rods to not make the shifter flop to the floor. Pretty sure they are using the same configuration for 2015. The arm. Off the trans does seem to be a wider and stiffer version, but it's the same single arm design with a body mount.

As I stated, it's the industry standard to use the semi remote. They won't switch back to a solid mount because of the NVH requirements phaser down from OZ or wherever. I am very anxious though to begin development of the 2015 model. I have been given access to one when it arrives at CJPP in a month or so.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
pufferfish said:
i just upped the initial order to 300 units to cover the cjpp order and hopefully get enough inventory to not go on immediate backorder. so, i should be sending out pre-orders right after labor day, as well as stocking up cjpp and fullfilling as many retail orders as i can at the same time.

so far, every order submitted to date will be fulfilled in this batch.

Can we still get the $229 price before 9/1?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
pufferfish said:
Pretty sure that pic was of a bench demo, which of course needed the rods to not make the shifter flop to the floor.

LOL I didn't even think of that...good point.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Grant 302 said:
Can we still get the $229 price before 9/1?

i couldn't if i wanted to. since i have an exclusive deal with cjpp to sell them, i can't compete with them on advertised pricing. for that matter, my site prices are about to go up to $319.99 to further back off the competition subject. that change will be effective monday (8/25).

CJPP will be an excellent source to purchase the Blowfish Shifter Support Kit. They offer free shipping and in a couple of weeks will have an endless (knock on wood) supply and offer fantastic customer service as well as being an all around great group of people.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel