The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big winter storm moving in to Ct for Mon into Tues.....A February present I don't need at this stage of the game....blizzard conditions and warnings for Mon afternoon are possible with snow totals now up to 12"-16"....when this first appeared on the radar last week, "they" were saying maybe 3"-5".....Glad I had the Boss out for some exercise on Thursday.......where did I put that snow shovel from last year?????

pay someone or teach Peanut to push a plow!
When I was growing up ....snow shoveling was a great way to earn money...but now a days nobody comes around looking to shovel your driveway......I suppose video games are more important....how much does that pay?????????...........Peanut or Galaxy would love to help me out if they could!!!!!!.......Son does what He can.........................

Last edited:
Had the Boss out today..sunny and 50 degrees!! winter's dust really staring to accumulate on the Boss.Boss needs a good bath once the weather gets a little warmer...Hopefully no more snow this winter...none in the 8 day forecast...spring can't be too far away............................snow around here is gradually disappearing..

Just in case you start missing winter
No thanks, Tyme...The novelty of snow wore off for me last month. All tho it was in the teens over nite, I'm looking forward to Spring's arrival this weekend......I understand.....You had very little choice in Colorado..................With 2 big wind storms in the last week, I have more leaves in my driveway now than I want to think about............Good luck with your winter wonderland..

After some morning showers, sun is on the rise, temps movin thru the 60's.......where's those Boss keys????.....oops..almost had a song going there.................CCR, you have nothing to worry about........................:p

Didn't get a chance to see the NASCAR dirt race today....Was it as bad as I thought it would be???...must have been still pretty muddy from the weekend monsoons.........stick to pavement NASCAR...if I want to see slippin and slidin, I'll go out to the interstate during the next snow storm...............

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, in the end it was decent. Different for sure, leisurely pit stops were odd to watch but I bet the crews loved that. Produced some different results, Suarez in particular led a big chunk of the race and I think he finished top 5? That wouldn't happen on pavement for a low buck team like that. In the end though the high buck teams dominated which is to be expected and a lot of the dirt guys who I expected would clean house did not do well at all. Larson and C. Bell in particular, though I think both of their incidents were largely wrong place wrong time.

Interesting experiment but I don't know if it's something that should be done regularly. The cars drove mostly like they do on pavement, you didn't see the massive power slides through an entire corner that you see with modifieds or sprint cars, they mostly seemed to be fairly hooked up and mostly driven like they would be on pavement. There was a lot of carnage too, which is not good IMHO.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Saw it as well. These cars aren't set up for running on the dirt and mud for sure. Yet, it was entertaining and I'm with Steve, once a year is plenty. But I am a big fan of more road courses.

This dirt race just goes to show racin is racin no matter how you do it...they will come.......................Tyme, you dug out yet??....That's a thought...snow racin..Why Not??...put the chains on, Boys!!!...............The Boss just smiles....................................as does the driver.................Giddy Up..........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Still a bit of snow on the ground in north lying areas but with 70's coming the the next few days, it should all be gone. It has been the second snowiest month here all tyme.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel