The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloudy, murky day outside, barely 50...a retirement nap may be in order soon...just in tyme to eat the LAST of the Ham (corned beef). cabbage and potatoes dinner.later..AMEN!!!......gotta get that horse radish ready for Easter soon!!!!

Another Easter has come and gone.....weather not bad around here...some sun temps near 60. Boss stayed in the garage..had to watch over Galaxy and Peanut while Hon went to Church. Easter Eats not as extensive as yrs past......HOT horseradish, of course, with hard boiled eggs and kabasi...potato salad was a staple with that but not this year...Holidays just not the same since Son turned Vegan...Enjoy the good tymes while you can never rang truer...I'll take the Boss this week and ring that bell one more tyme, for now...;)

Forgot to mention....I offered Hon a slice of hard boiled egg covered with horseradish so She could experience the "burn",but She only took a small bite and said it wasn't hot....The amount she ate wouldn't make a Canary blink....I guess I'm on my own with that horseradish experience...................1617631225173.png

Thinking back, I can't believe how dumb, naive, ignorant and stupid I was when I Bought my first Brand New car back in 1987...I chose a 87 Olds Cutlass Supreme with a 305 dinosaur carburated engine..My 1977 Cutlass with a 350 4 barrel had all the power I could ever want/need!!...NOW I realize Chevy had FUEL INJECTIED engines and Buick offered the inter cooled Turbo Charged Grand National!!!.....I need to find a bigger boot to kick myself with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....Were Mustangs in the game back then???........Thank God I got the Boss when I did to rectify things..................

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Bob,
Life is all relative because back in 1977 or 1987 horsepower was way down in the basement. Heck, I had a 1977 Pontiac Trans Am with the W72 Performance Package and it was only rated by the factory at 200 HP. It was tested by the NHRA and some other sources and supposedly had around 250 -270 HP in reality, if my old memory serves me right? The funny part about all this is your Boss came with 444 HP, so even a so called muscle car of the 70s was really a weakling compared to your Blue Oval Beast.

All of us who grew up back then were subject to Oscar Meyer Weinermobiles , horsepower wise, because even the so called monster motored cars seldom ran under 14 seconds in the Quarter Mile. Olds Cutlasses were cruisers and honestly they were also chick magnets. Folks will laugh but women loved the cars , both as their own drivers and others that had them. Fortunately my wife liked fast so in 1987 we had an RX7 and a Mazda 626 Turbo Coupe.

Even then speed was relative , but handling was vastly improved ---- crazy Turbo 626 would outrun the RX7.

Funny how things can change in an instant.................Over the Easter weekend, our backyard neighbors (high above us) had their metal shed taken down and Hon shouted how our view increased!....today we looked out and saw a newly installed 6 ft high stockade fence staring at us.....so much for that few day added view..................

Just reflecting on a few thoughts here....bear with an older Boss owner here for a minute or two...............We've been in this covid mess for over a year now...OH!!!, but there's light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!!!!!!........THERE"S A VACCINE NOW!!!!!....There will be "herd" immunity soon...when did we become cows?????...The day this nightmare ends is the day I can go to the grocery store for some milk without wearing a #$%&*@ face mask.......This madness will be with all of us quite some time to come!!....This is a worldwide problem, with nobody getting a way out just yet..........My Boss is my vaccine, for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH.....Forgot to add...Everybody upgrading their mobile phones to 5G????? which will be required soon....For what I use my phone for 1G was fine with me!...More $$$ for something I don't want OR need!!!!.............if it wasn't for taxes what would I do with ALL my "disposable" income???????????????.....BTW.. isn't "disposable income" an oxymoron????????...............One thing for sure..."Fast Mustang" will never be!!!!!....an oxymoron that is................

Last edited:
Not to fear!!!!!!!..My old buddy Rodney just showed up with words of encouragement.."Where's the beer???"..............I wish I had a dime for every minute he was sober......better yet, forget that thought....................................................I'd be owing money......................

No NASCAR race today???..The Boys must need a break from their Easter celebrations. and busy scrapping off all the mud from that last disaster....rainy this afternoon...oh well I got cable....loads of nothing to watch..please forgive a Boss owner in bad weather with his Hon's Juke blocking the driveway....talk about double jeopardy!!!!!...R.I.P. Alex..................and the countdown officially begins..........you didn't hear that from me..............for those of you that don't have a clue what this is all about.....trust me, you're better off!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel