The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We're going to be breaking record lows this weekend, especially Sunday morning with the whole state getting below zero with wind chill temps 15 to 20 degrees below that. Rick, you gotta send some of that warm weather this way!!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Just returned home from San Diego yesterday. Stayed at the Hilton at La Jolla and they were watering the grass at Torrey Pines in 70 degree temps. The course looked like it was mid June.
I Returned home to Denver to 60 Degree temps. This is January in the Rockies, correct? Not sure I've ever had the Boss out in January in the six plus years of ownership but I'll have to let her run this weekend.

Tyme, Seems like I'm getting your weather and you're getting mine...I want mine back!. Two degrees this AM and not getting above 10 today with wind chills values -20. Take that Boss out! I'm sure you don't get that many chances this tyme of year. My Boss will have to stay in since many roads are still snow covered and salt laden. Plus, with this extreme cold my OEM battery is starting go much quicker than I anticipated.Enjoy your ride!

Upon further review, Tyme is really getting spoiled with his weather. Normal around here this tyme of year is highs 35-38, lows 20-25.Our highs this year haven't even got to the normal lows! Tyme count your blessings!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Bob - I replaced my battery this year. That would be year six. It may be tyme for you to change yours too. Throw a Voltmeter on there. I trickle mine every winter but a six year life span isn't that unusual.

Tyme, I know you're right. I was just spoiled by the performance my Crown Vic Battery supplied.It was over 7 yrs old and still going strong, All tho it never experienced a cold winter like this. Being the cheapskate I am I may have to succumb and replace my OEM battery to continue with my Boss adventures...I'll see if it starts tomorrow after these sub zero temps tonite...............:(

Did more shoveling today. At this stage of the game you space things out after a 12" plus blizzard with 2 ft drifts. Coldest morning here in years..below zero! Attached garage temp 35 degrees...it never goes below 50 in a NORMAL winter. Tried Starting the Boss With the OEM battery and was very slow but still turned over. The AVG MPG display was back to zero again so I realize the battery is trying to save things that are more important. They say a thaw is coming next week....I hope they're right.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
We were above zero today! Unbelievable! Got almost a foot of snow but it's so balmy out that for the first time this year we had neighbours doing the neighbourhood driveway clean outs and they actually stood and chatted instead of just running for warmth!:p

Tyme, 60's in Colorado in January can't be normal..:confused:...You must have warmed up the atmosphere over there with all your Christmas lites...wait til they find out you're the real cause of global warming...I wish you could have set up something here in Ct a few weeks ago....:rolleyes:

Tyme, Your warmth is headed this way with a big rain storm coming in Friday nite into Saturday.Now I have to shovel a waterway for all this water to go down the street instead of my driveway since the plows blocked that access..........Well at least the coming storm will be rain and not snow!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel