The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Monday at TMO today...everybody back at work (except out slacking retirees..:D ) after a long day of football. My Giants actually looked like a team yesterday.....how bout QB Jones catching a one handed pass !The Losing Chiefs were a surprise.....NASCAR...Larson gets his 9th win for the season... great tribute to the Hendrick family loss memorial ...He would have been a shoe-in for the championship in the old days....Monsoon coming tonight and Tuesday....3-4 inches of rain expected...another rain storm Friday into Saturday!...I wish I could send all this rain to Drought stricken Cali!!!!!!!!! and areas nearby........................60 minutes, last night, had a item about how the Colorado river is in danger of drying out...OMG!!!!

Was out in the Boss this morning...Frost over night,...growing season is toast!!...Came across a '65 convertible Mustang, with the top down, going the opposite way. I waved and he waved back.....He had to be at least a little chilly to say the least....But he was enjoying his ride...Maybe an original owner???????????....I enjoyed my ride today......That Boss never disappoints me.........ever..................

Good morning Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!! Another COLD wake up fall day here in CT ( 34 degrees)....What's left of Hon's plants,outside, survived another night...all the others found their way into the house, somehow. It's cold out now, but I plan on taking the Boss out later, for a thrill l ride......I didn't buy it for any other reason. You track guys-race your "babies" to get your thrills...I just drive mine to achieve the same result (almost). Just having the Boss in my garage makes me smile............:D...update just got back from my Rt 8 Naugatuck run and had a white 13/14 Mustang on my trail thru Bridgeoport...nice to see another stang once and a while...........

"

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Glad a quick ride can bring you so much joy. I do believe there are many on this site that find a quick glance in the garage at their Mustang does bring a crazy kind of joy. Interesting how many of us have a passion akin to love with these inanimate objects.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Thought for today......every day....Cherish and be thankful for what you have today....EVERYTHING.....your health,your family, your family's health, that fast car you drive, the roof over your head when you sleep at night..others are not that fortunate to be as blessed as you...sobering thought if you dwell on it................back to regular programming............................................where's those Boss keys??????????????..Hon............where's Hon................??????....Don't mind me...I don't.....;):p

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Okay, gotta ask, convertible or GT6 Spit?
Eventually it will be a Spitfire 6+ convertible. I started with a 69 Spitfire (4-cyl conv.) that already had the drivetrain from a 73 GT6 (6-cyl fastback) installed but needed some work. As I was stripping that down, I found it had nearly an inch of Bondo on a crushed rear quarter, among other problems. So I bought a 68 Spitfire parts car with a seized engine that had a better body but still needed sills & floors. I also was able to part out nearly all of a 70 GT6+ (Rotoflex wishbone rear suspension used 69-72 instead of swing axle) so I've got a complete second 6-cylinder drivetrain, plus all the crucial Rotoflex parts, and the proper bonnet for the 6-cylinder engine. Unfortunately, the 69 shell had some features (LHD vs center gauge dash, GT6+ inboard trailing arm mounts) that aren't on the 68 shell, so I need to do some FrankenSpit work.

All this was started around 1986 in my parent's barn, worked on for a few years as I had time, and then stalled when I moved away for a job and the cars got buried. By the time I moved back nearby and had a chance to start working on them again, used Miatas were plentiful, reliable, and cheap. Maybe when I retire I'll have time to finish the whole project. At least Triumph repair parts are much more plentiful now than they were in the mid-80's.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
For a long time a GT6 was my dream car, but I ended up with a Datsun 2000 instead and that was actually a good situation , as it was quite fast and reliable. Still love the looks of the Spitfire and sounds like a fun project ---keep me posted when you get things going.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel