The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanksgiving coming up next week............Me and Hon were trying to figure what to make.....The turkey and ALL the fixings seem behind us now, with our parents gone and Son now a Vegan...I can say I'll surely miss the smell of that well seasoned turkey in the oven and everything else cooking on the stove...........The holidays seem to diminish in enjoyment as you get older, said to say.........You did all that stuff for the kids back then ( really for Everybody!)..........Hon has a giant plant (Tree)n the front window now From Son................no room for the Christmas Tree anymore......................I'll have lights in the window and things around the house, but it's not the same as years gone by..........Santa might not even stop by this year..........1700012304019.jpeg

Yeah, I see I'm on the birthday list.............Yeah, I'm 68.........do I feel any older???????????...........only when I'm not driving My Boss!!!!!!!!!!!.....That car keeps me young!!!!!!!!!!!!.....old folks buy a Cadillac and get buried with it...........I got my Boss and bury the gas pedal.............now and then.............It gets tough getting old........I just.do what I can to make the ride more enjoyable....

Aside from Me getting older, I still put up with My Dad being a giant football fan and Me carrying the torch......this was playing in the locker room this week after the giants got WHIPPED by the Cowboys for the SECOND time this season..............
.............first 40-0.......then 49-17

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Thanksgiving coming up next week............Me and Hon were trying to figure what to make.....
You can get the turkey breast instead of the whole bird. If you really want to cut down on leftovers, get turkey from the deli and ask them to slice it thick. You don't end up with a carcass to make stock, though. You can heat the deli turkey in a frying pan, then use some chicken stock to deglaze the fond and make a gravy -- salt & pepper and a dash of Bell's seasoning to taste, add some butter, and use Wondra flour to thicken.

My other shortcut is StoveTop stuffing with add-ins. I'll brown up some Jones or Jimmy Dean sausage and diced celery, then add chicken stock instead of water (a bit of white wine if you have it), throw in some diced apple, raisins, and chopped walnuts, and simmer that about 5 minutes before adding the stuffing mix.

Trader Joe's has frozen fancy green beans (haricots verts) that are pretty good just steamed or nuked. A can of Bruce's yams and a can of Ocean Spray jellied cranberry sauce*, and you're set.

*If it doesn't have ridges, it's not cranberry sauce. ;)

Dave_W, We're almost on the same page...........I want something Thanksgiving-ee but also easy and quick to make....I've come up with shake n bake chicken breast, Bob Evans Mashed potatoes, Stove Top stuffing with celery & chicken broth & I think I have a big can of Collard Greens somewhere....Heinz Turkey gravy will do............with a pumpkin pie.......... Thanksgiving is saved this year..........Hon may add in some fresh baked yams with pancake syrup .....................I just hope the football games are worth watching...........we even have Black Friday football game this year!!!!!!!!!!!!..........I always made turnips in the past, but I'm the only one who likes them......................................I've never been a cranberry sauce fan......sweets are for dessert in my book....Hence Hon making those yams for her.....................

Last edited:
Hon snoring.......I'm up...........why am I up????????????........I must be nervous about entering age 68 kingdom......I felt so young at 67.............ya right!!!!!!!!!....feel young at 21...and then some..............old man..............ain't birthdays grand.............when you get to see them....................

Man, the days/years go by now not like they did when I was much younger..........they seemed forever back then..........now they come quicker and quicker!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I guess that's way God is saying you aren't here forever......the older you get the closer you get to that truth...........even the Boss can't save me........God, Jesus loves riding in the Boss........................I tried!!!!!!!!!!!

Just so you all know.........I've been a proud and loyal member of this community for a lot of years!!!!!!!! and I'm aware of everything you guys work and strive for to make you go faster..............that is SO .............I don't know what to describe...............

They have come and everything is under control now.....they are eating my pizza........I'm not hungry...I'm getting sleepy....they're taking the pizza box with them.........The shot they gave me was for COVID-19....................They said my birthday was last week..................

Okay Okay..........The Birthday party is over!!!!!!.........Back to business!!!!!!!!...........Gentlemen and not so gentle Women............Start your Engines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........where ever they may be..................I forgot the second "Okay" Joe P (Leo).....Lethal Weapon)............

Last edited:
Luke warm Pep pizza ain't that bad...................when you're hungry...........at 5:25 in the morning!!!!!!!!!.......I'm SO glad I'm retired.....for a lot of reasons.......OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!....postin this time of day is one of them..........................

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel