The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Tyme to let your pony out of the stable and let her run Bob. Had mine out yesterday. No, Bob I didn't run her in the Kentucky Derby but know she would of kicked ass there!

Tyme, My Boss gets exercise all year long as long as the weather's ok and the roads are dry. Glad to hear you got yours out for a jaunt! Happy to be rid of those summer Pirellis that turned to hockey pucks in cold weather, I know , they're made for track grip, which doesn't pertain to me.Love my new Continental Extreme all seasons! On the Race front, Harvick gets win #4 with Clint Bowyer a close second at Dover after a 40 plus minute rain delay.Supposed to have rain here today, but nothing yet.

My cousin, that I haven't seen for a couple of yrs, stopped by the other day.He was very intrigued by my Boss and insisted we go for a ride.He had a '67 Goat back in the day with a 389 & 411 gears. After our ride he confessed his GTO probably wouldn't give the Boss much of a fight. He did say his GTO would have killed my 442...so i guess we're even...;).......nice day spent with family is priceless!

The Boss is the Boss.

I’m off work today practicing for retirement!

Rick, That's easy practice! I'll be retired 3 yrs the end of June and don't regret a minute of it. The secret is to have a game plan to keep you occupied when you're off....cars, sports, yard work, the list goes on...there's always something to do! If you enjoy your job , stay as long as you want! If not leave when you can to stay happy and healthy.

Lot of mayhem came by yesterday about 5pm when a strong weather front came thru! The sky darkened, very strong winds and heavy rain with strong thunder and lightning. Many towns lost power, many trees uprooted or split in half (tornado?) flooding, you name it! The Boss (I) was hoping things would calm down!!! Showers today...next nice day maybe not til next week...............

NWS confirmed today 2 tornadoes came thru Ct yesterday. Lotta places still without power, many houses damaged from uprooted or snapped in half trees.Sleeping Giant, a state park in Hamden is closed til further notice. Its pristine state forest has been reduced to rubble.One poor guy was working in his back yard when the storm hit and ran to his truck for shelter only to have a tree come down and kill him when it crushed the truck.........sad............

Well. The deal was made...Drove home yesterday in a '17 Nissan Juke Auto. Strangest looking vehicle I ever saw, But it's her new pride and joy. As I said before, A happy wife is a happy life and vice versa! The Boss has nothing to worry about..It isn't going anywhere no tyme soon!!!

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Neighbour has one. I had never seen or heard of it before and asked what it was. When he answered I thought he said "Nissan Joke". I foolishly replied "Makes sense." I have terrible hearing and hate wearing the hearing aids which he knew and he politely suggested I wear them more often.

Whoops!:oops::rolleyes::p:D

Thank God Hon doesn't monitor what goes on around here!. Her Juke/joke ain't that bad...fully loaded, more toys than the Boss, all tho we all know the Boss is not toy orientated!...no track tyme any tyme soon as in never .....strictly street driving!!! Son had it going 90+ driving it home from the dealer on Rt8 .Remind me not to ride with son anymore...:eek:

Last edited:
Memorial day weekend is upon us. A Thank You and Salute to all the Servicemen and Women who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country and us! Above normal temps today here...near 90 and humid and not even noon yet. Normal should be around 70 for a high. Unofficial start to summer (which comes later in June)...Tyme to dust off those grills!

Yesterday got to 92....today not reaching 60. What a change! Tonight NASCAR Coca Cola 600. If they skimmed that down to 500, I don't think many would complain. 600 is a 5 to 6 hr event with cautions thrown in. The TV will be watching me by the tyme that race is over...........

The Juke is not a vehicle you would see me driving, but Hon loves it! It's got some pep with it's 4 cyl turbo engine.It's a lot shorter than the Beemer, by at least 2 ft. (easy to see with the tennis ball hanging stop in the garage..:)) If Hon bought a BMW auto instead of a manual in the first place the Juke would have never come into the picture............Boss jealousy.......better than nothing...:rolleyes:

TMO Supporting Vendors