The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bolt-On All Motor AED GT goes 10's:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
Shaun@AED said:
jeepinocala said:
What exactly did you do to add 45hp?

E85 tune w/injectors : 12hp
Off Road H pipe : 16-18hp
JPC over the axle pipes: 6-7hp
Miezere electric water pump: 13hp
Ported stock intake: 7hp

Yes, that adds up to more than 45, but some of those gains (like the water pump) where not all at peak.
Intake / E85 and H-pipe showed those gains across the board though.
Interesting and consistent with what you have posted in the past about the off road H pipe. Did the TB add anything? Are you trying to make a point by not using an aftermarket CAI/larger filter? So off road and over axle pipes with a tune would be the quickest way to 30+ HP on a Boss?

Oh yeah, L&M added 5 across the board as well.
Stock dyno power actually just under 400RW, tuned was 405, now she puts down 451.

Stock GT intake N/A into the 10's was a goal as no one else has done it. Stock CAI was not planned, but I figured what the hell. Basically the only N/A 10 second Coyote that has no Boss parts.

Yes, full off road exhaust and a quality CAI is all a Boss really needs to make a BIG difference IMO.
Of course weight reduction, slicks/skinnies, Drive shaft, couldn't hurt either.

5 DOT 0 said:
Shaun@AED said:
(My shifts are CLEAN and FAST).
So the MGW is working better for you? Mine's finally starting to loosen up.

My mgw feels like it has broken in also, much better really a muct have. I have noticed some different cups being made now might add one later.

Shaun@AED said:
The biggest change I noticed in the shifting was from the fluid change. (clutch)

My shifting issues are mainly clutch related I suspect, bleeding the clutch = 300 miles of good shifting.

What did the GT make stock as far as HP? IIRC Bosses make about 400 stock, so if yours is 450ish and only has 45 over stock, then it was making Boss hp stock. Or am I missing something? Was this on a Dynojet?

CaliMR said:
Shaun@AED said:
The biggest change I noticed in the shifting was from the fluid change. (clutch)

My shifting issues are mainly clutch related I suspect, bleeding the clutch = 300 miles of good shifting.

What did the GT make stock as far as HP? IIRC Bosses make about 400 stock, so if yours is 450ish and only has 45 over stock, then it was making Boss hp stock. Or am I missing something? Was this on a Dynojet?

My car put down 395 bone stock with 150miles on it. STD corrected, MY dyno.
Stock Boss put down 414RW STD, Track key 417 STD on MY dyno.

MY?

They all read a little different, I had to keep telling myself that after I had my last car dynoed on a Mustang dyno ;D

Shaun@AED said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Shaun@AED said:
jeepinocala said:
What exactly did you do to add 45hp?

E85 tune w/injectors : 12hp
Off Road H pipe : 16-18hp
JPC over the axle pipes: 6-7hp
Miezere electric water pump: 13hp
Ported stock intake: 7hp

Yes, that adds up to more than 45, but some of those gains (like the water pump) where not all at peak.
Intake / E85 and H-pipe showed those gains across the board though.
Interesting and consistent with what you have posted in the past about the off road H pipe. Did the TB add anything? Are you trying to make a point by not using an aftermarket CAI/larger filter? So off road and over axle pipes with a tune would be the quickest way to 30+ HP on a Boss?

Oh yeah, L&M added 5 across the board as well.
Stock dyno power actually just under 400RW, tuned was 405, now she puts down 451.

Stock GT intake N/A into the 10's was a goal as no one else has done it. Stock CAI was not planned, but I figured what the hell. Basically the only N/A 10 second Coyote that has no Boss parts.

Yes, full off road exhaust and a quality CAI is all a Boss really needs to make a BIG difference IMO.
Of course weight reduction, slicks/skinnies, Drive shaft, couldn't hurt either.

I've suspected that the clog in the exhaust is from the cats, not the exhaust. I've made the same MPH with high flow cats as with H-pipes in the past. The motor just doesn't spin up as fast. I would install high flow cats on my boss but I can't beleive the car doesn't always have them. It seems like a simple way to make power that wouldn't require a tune. Any thoughts?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
seca954 said:
Justin said:
seca954 said:
Justin said:
was one of the bolt ons nitrous?

That's funny!
I say that cause they make a kit to bring the nitrous up through the sound tube showing no signs of it at all and the bottle is hidden in a gym bag.

Post The Link!
here is the kit they used
http://www.jmschip.com/50L_Nitrous_Kit/
here is how they hid it
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_1204_2011_ford_mustang_gt_jms_nitrous_plug_and_spray/viewall.html

MA
I just saw this.

Congrats Shaun, those are great times!

Really impressive to see an NA bolt on car go 10's. People don't realize how hard it is to go faster once you get into the 11's, much less dipping into the 10's.

I may just end up cheating and throwing that gym bag nitrous kit on my car and call it a day, lol. The gym bag alone makes it worth the money, IMO. lol. I will have to put my sound tube back on though.

TMO Supporting Vendors