The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 damaged in transit, would you buy it and at what price

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is eligible to attend?
Any new Boss® 302 buyer who has paid for and taken delivery of the car in the U.S.A. Buyer can send someone else to Boss Track Attack (BTA) in their place. Participants must register and attend within one year from delivery date.

List of eligible participants who can attend BTA in place of the buyer:

Members of the immediate family of the buyer. "Immediate family" means the following relatives of the buyer:

Spouse
Parents
Spouse's parents
Grandparents
Spouse's grandparents
Sons and daughters (including in-laws and step-children)
Grandchildren
Brothers and sisters (including in-laws, half and step)
Same-sex domestic partners
Immediate family members of same-sex domestic partners

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk now Free

MA
my suggestion is make sure you do it. it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I dont know how anyone can spend the money one one of these awesome cars and NOT go. It is priceless in my opinion.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
93cobra said:
my suggestion is make sure you do it. it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I dont know how anyone can spend the money one one of these awesome cars and NOT go. It is priceless in my opinion.

+1 My "free" TA cost me ~$1000 in travel expense but it was well worth it !

I was looking at doing it, but would only want to do the FR500 which was also an extra 1k which I could not swing.

I've got your solution. Buy a used PW for 10k, and enter into a 'domestic partnership' with one of the guys on the forum that hasn't used theirs. Voila, you got it all, I'm a genuis. You're welcome.

EDIT: If anyone would like to claim me as their domestic partner, I would gladly take your Track Attack. Haha.

I purchased a low mileage used 2012, worth the money I saved...thats the Pros. The cons...No owners kit and Track attack. I can still attend the track attack, just my ride will be a GT, not a boss. I still plan on going!

P.S: Just because its never been titled...is it REALLY a NEW car...after being wrecked? just my $.02

My 2 cents: Only you can answer this question because it depends on what you plan to do with it.

There's just so many ways to argue this. Do you plan to track it? Because the first time you put it in a ditch, you'll easily do just as much damage. Is it going to be a show car? A daily driver? A collector car?

How much the dealer is willing to take off the price? My guess is the dealer will try and fix it as cheap as possible and want to sell it to you for full price because dealers are greedy bastards. In which case, I would tell them to suck it.

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
Korbin_Dallas said:
My 2 cents: Only you can answer this question because it depends on what you plan to do with it.

There's just so many ways to argue this. Do you plan to track it? Because the first time you put it in a ditch, you'll easily do just as much damage. Is it going to be a show car? A daily driver? A collector car?

How much the dealer is willing to take off the price? My guess is the dealer will try and fix it as cheap as possible and want to sell it to you for full price because dealers are greedy bastards. In which case, I would tell them to suck it.

I received legal counsel and refused delivery of the car.

The dealer and I worked it out, and I am getting another new Boss. This one is SBY, since as far as I can tell the damaged one was the last new untitled PW one. Once I actually receive the car, I will post where the PW one is. The dealer has been pretty straight up, I would work with him again.

After seeing the car off the lifts, I can see the damage is cosmetic but for me the view of the car up on the lift would remain with me and does taint that car for me. For someone else, it might be just fine.

I don't know for sure, but given the repairs come out flawless the dealer is likely to ask MSRP. Given no sheet metal panel was touched and all the other new ones have some ADM; I can see his position. Someone else has to decide on that one.

As far as what I intend with the car, I am keeping my Red 06 GT convertible as my daily driver and the Boss will be my toy. I aim to keep it to 200 miles a month but we will see how I do with that :). There is a good chance the car will be collectible if you keep it in good shape and with low miles. We will just all have to wait and see for that.

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
WinterSucks said:
I am willing to bet you can't keep it under 300 a month:) It is easy to lose track of time on a joyride in these things.

I look forward to that problem :).

The SBY one is confirmed in transit for a Nov 22nd delivery now. Here is fervently hoping that the 2nd transportation company delivers this one in top shape!

Does anyone know how to go from VIN to production number?

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
Grant 302 said:
Sounds like you did the right thing. I just hope the buyer of the damaged car is not kept in the dark about what happened.

WA state has a law that damage above 5% of the retail ( MSRP ) value of the car has to be disclosed.

The dealer has been straight-up so far; I expect he will continue to be.

For instance, the switch to the SBY one is no cost to me, and I know its costing him more. And not just the 2nd transport fee.

GR8WYT

I never saw damaged, fixed, repaired used synonymously with the word new.

Unless Rehagen is repairing and Ford would perform a recertification the car (then it would be like a mistakenly minted coin), I would run like my ass was on fire and the dealer was chasing me with a can of race fuel.

At least your dealer shipped the car. I bought mine and it was up to me to find a transport company, and if it was damaged, I would have had to go through the transport company to get the repairs done. Thankfully, it was loaded at the dealer one day and the next day it was delivered on a two car lowboy trailer being pulled by a pickup. The transport guy said the dealer drove it up on the trailer, and he requested that I back it off the trailer. So I received my car from a dealer over 500 miles away with 7 miles on the odometer is perfect condition. I guess I should be thankful it was uneventful. Good luck with your new car!

TMO Supporting Vendors