The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 BOSS 302 Race Car Build Thread Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Last night I clearanced the strut towers for additional clearance to the strut shaft and damping adjusters.
I currently run about -2.5 camber up front but should be able to get to -3 or more without risk of interference up top.

Took about 20 careful, patient minutes per side with a dremel + cutoff blade, plus another 5 mins with a file to deburr the edges and then touch-up paint.

teaXt7b.jpg

LTS681J.jpg

jrYpMdi.jpg

Y2MVLft.jpg

further said:
Nice, one of my first mods. Glad to know I wasn't alone on this.

EC78C718-92B3-4EDF-9604-AEE4CBCB7739_zpsf36kvnfv.jpg

I would think you can get away from this to a point by running higher front ride height? I know the ticket is super steep negative camber I saw what looked like -4 degrees on Dean Martin's car last week so its obviously the right direction.. He said it was only 3. something but they were doing more soon and that only certain tires like that much negative camber.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Got the front end all buttoned up. Also deleted the EVAP system and installed new front rotors. Just gotta run a new vent line for the fuel tank and the car can go back on the ground, set ride heights, and off to corner balance + alignment.

First run with the new setup May 23rd!

YW9WUKJ.jpg

wy0q0Pa.jpg

Looking good. I look forward to your feedback on the new dampers.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
NFSBOSS said:
I look forward to your feedback on the new dampers.

Me too :)

For anyone starting this thread from the beginning, I have updated all the image links through page 10. I'll work on updating the links on the remaining pages soon to fix the broken image sources.

Tulsa, OK
ArizonaBOSS said:
Also deleted the EVAP system and installed new front rotors. Just gotta run a new vent line for the fuel tank and the car can go back on the ground,

Any tips on removing the EVAP system? I would like to do this to my car as well. I assume you had to have Shaun update your tune?

TMO Supporting Vendors