The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 BOSS 302 Race Car Build Thread Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great sticker and enjoy your birthday!

ArizonaBOSS said:
My wife got me some presents for my birthday...some of you guys have already seen this but I figure I'd share anyways.

New underwear for when I go into a turn too hot, USB storage to get it on video, and decals for the rear bumper--anyone want to take a guess?

11013468_10100884481114754_7073273293496794807_n.jpg

Also here are the videos from this weekend.

1) Saturday's race. Started 4th overall, 2nd in class, finished 3rd overall 1st in class.
https://youtu.be/VXHZA6R1W9M

2) Sunday's race. Started 1st overall, 1st in class, finished 5th overall, 2nd in class. WHOOPS.
https://youtu.be/An9yeVdBHbY

Just got shipment confirmation from Hoosier on my freebie set of 315 R7sturbobowdown.gif

I watched those videos and your car is fast and stable.. I also noticed that you were pulling about 1.15G on right turns and 1.07 on left turns. Is your setup corner balanced? Is the track not even?

Nice ride.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Big changes coming soon, Vorshlag is shipping out my MCS double-adjustable suspension package today!

These won't make it in time for a test day I have the opportunity to go to next week, but I'll get one event in on these prior to NASA Nationals!

FXDwrBr.png

Also have a Dynotech aluminum DS in-house now waiting for some time to install, and I have an Odyssey PC680 lightweight battery on-order!

If anyone is interested in my Roush/KW single-adjustable coilover package, it will be available for sale soon at a reasonable price!

BTW, it is a Odyssey PC680. Optima batteries uses an older design, cylinder style, takes up a lot of space compared to the power density of the Odyssey batteries. Odyssey is a sponsor of mine. Also, I sell the PC680 with one of our chargers for switch machines.

Here's how the Odyssey batteries are made:

Last edited by a moderator:
ArizonaBOSS said:
800 front 275 rear

I am very curious how that will work for you. I'm at 800/400 and am thinking of dropping my rear spring rate to 275/300. Basically, I need the high front spring rate to keep the tires from rubbing. lol

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
DG#56 said:
I am very curious how that will work for you. I'm at 800/400 and am thinking of dropping my rear spring rate to 275/300. Basically, I need the high front spring rate to keep the tires from rubbing. lol

I already run 515/230 without rubbing (now that the fenders are flared), but my ride height leaves a decent amount of fender gap. This also gets more stroke out of the rear shocks before contacting the (cut down) bumpstops on the axle.
I'll probably leave my rear ride height alone but drop the front down another 1/4 to 1/2 inch, since the increased front rate should be able to handle that.
That should also help make the splitter more effective as well.

I will definitely let you know my impressions, can PM you my corner heights later if you want.

And another important milestone today--signed up for my first NASA Nationals event. End of July at Laguna Seca!
I'm hoping the changes to the car (more tire, more damper, more spring, less weight--and hopefully more driver) will make me competitive with the Corvettes in ST2 out there. Time will tell. Fast company out there.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
neema said:
It's coming along. What'd you use to fill the hole in the battery tray?

I went a little ghetto on that one and cut the spherical/cone (the top) end off of a bottle of diff fluid and shoved that section in there upside down.
I will come up with something a little more substantial like a shaped foam block in the near future but this is solid enough for now.

I sliced the "nub" section off of the battery tray similar to what was done in that S197forum thread.

I wanted to lay the battery down flat in the tray but was not able to find a suitable routing for the existing positive battery cables to satisfy the increased run length.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel