The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 BOSS 302 Race Car Build Thread Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
For those that didn't grasp what I was attempting to describe with respect to "studding" the wing--I embedded this assembly (although with a longer bolt, and a nylock nut--this one was just put together from leftover parts from the activity) in the epoxy that was then set into the wing airfoil. Lots of surface area to pull against the epoxy, and the epoxy has some channels carved out inside the airfoil to distribute that load as well.

ZmQeJ7j.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
2017 Season-End Update:

2017 was a great year for my club racing efforts, earning my second consecutive NASA AZ Regional Championship in ST2, and coming in second in ST2 at the Western States Championships!
My focus for 2018 will be WINNING my class at NASA Nationals at Circuit of The Americas in September!

This car has become a pretty well-developed package over the last two seasons, but it will take more from both car and driver to compete and WIN at a national level. To that end, I am pleased to announce that I am partnering with CorteX Racing to bring the best in S197 Mustang suspension technology and setup expertise to the table for 2018!

It's going to be a fast, fun year1f642.png

vKvunzE.png

0Hae4X3.png

I have one more race weekend locally on Thanskgiving weekend with ProAutosports, it will be a fun-run with some old friends. I look forward to sharing some videos soon :)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Thats awesome!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Congratulations!!

Does your partnering with Cortex involve some kind of cambered rear axle??
If yes, you'll have to do a full write up on it:D:D
Your wish will be granted with a full, objective review. Stay tuned :)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Here is a full list of what is going on the car. I went with the CorteX JRi damper set, too, so it would be easier to optimize based on Filip's experience; since there are going to be a LOT of changes, I'm relying on his experience to flatten the learning curve :)

• Cambered rear axle assembly with 3.73 & T2R
  • JRi Double-adjustable damper set front/rear w/ springs/camber plates/offset struts/camber slugs
  • CorteX Track Watts Link
  • CorteX adjustable rear swaybar
  • CorteX adjustable rear LCAs

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Impressive. Can I get the name and number of your financial advisor? They must be doing well for you. :D
I believe my advisor would have discouraged such actions :eek:

Here is a full list of what is going on the car. I went with the CorteX JRi damper set, too, so it would be easier to optimize based on Filip's experience; since there are going to be a LOT of changes, I'm relying on his experience to flatten the learning curve :)

• Cambered rear axle assembly with 3.73 & T2R
  • JRi Double-adjustable damper set front/rear w/ springs/camber plates/offset struts/camber slugs
  • CorteX Track Watts Link
  • CorteX adjustable rear swaybar
  • CorteX adjustable rear LCAs
Interested on how he JRI compare to MCS. And how the rear coiler vs stock spring location works out for you.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
OMG ! A Cortex adjustable rear sway bar... I must have...I don't have one of those !
I don't see it on the Cortex website...?

TMO Supporting Vendors