Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Road Racing Forum' started by ArizonaBOSS, Jun 14, 2013.
You've been busy!
Good luck with the test and getting the car ready. The workmanship looks good as does the entire car. I like this part the best....
While you went with the Watts link, any reason you didn't go with the Torque Arm also?
Got a little more done last night. Pardon all my dirt, dust, and grime. The car needs a serious cleaning once I finish my work.
AFPR mounted up in the engine bay. That dial gauge looks just about useless.
Fortunately, I was planning on also running a pressure sensor to output to AIM, so I decided to just route that directly from the AFPR instead of from after the AFPR.
I am hoping to keep the pressure sender itself in this location behind the fender liner so I can pass the wires through to the cabin easily. I may have to move it if I am unable to get the liner back on. I also secured the fuel hard-line.
Also, I completed the aft end of the hardline, connecting it to the bulkhead fittings that pass through to the trunk area. I will do the same with the fuel return line, but I am waiting on another batch of -6 line from Summit so I can make the return line one continuous piece (hopefully).
I applied some heat sleeve to the pressure feed side and will do the same to the return side to protect from radiant exhaust heat.
Not pictured--I connected the output side of the AFPR to the fuel rail with a Russell screw-on adapter for the stock rail, worked like a charm. Wrapped that line in heat shield as well.
I am thinking to purge about a gallon through the lines once everything is complete to clear out any crud that my air gun was unable to get. After that I'll re-connect it to the fuel rail and adjust the fuel pressure.
I think tonight I will start mounting the transmission cooler hardware and planning the -8AN line runs for those, since I am waiting on some stuff to complete the fuel side. Or I might finish up the wiring in the car. TBD. Lots to do this weekend before an early morning test day on the 25th.
I hadn't really considered the TA since I just upgraded my third link, also I am not (currently) interested in reducing the ground clearance on the car any further as I am usually fairly aggressive with curbing etc.
Interesting point. I had always looked at the clearance as a non-issue - save for a manhole sticking up - but can see how a curb running longintudaly could result in sparks.
Best of luck with your latest mods
Did some work on the "wiring panel" tonight. This will fit into the slot where the glove box was.
Started out with a posterboard template and then transferred it over to some blank aluminum sheet from ACE.
Here I have already dimpled all of the holes that will need drilling for bolts to pass through, rivets, or slots to slide over existing bolts in the car.
After making a few cuts and doing some rudimentary 90* bends without a brake, I used some cleco temporary fasteners to prepare for the rivet work. I had never used the clecos before but wow they make riveting a lot easier.
Here is the unit basically assembled. It's not the most elegant thing ever, but it will look a lot better (and stealthy) once I shoot it with a coat of satin black. The fuses and relays will be easily accessible from the passenger side of the cabin.
The fold also creates a wall that separates the hot bus bar from the cabin, along with all of the connections to it. I will run a hot lead from the "activated" side of my master kill switch so that everything on these circuits will also be deactivated if I hit the master kill switch.