The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got an email yesterday from Bryan with some open spots, Ive requested a spot!! hopefully I will be confirmed for one soon!!

You guys that have been before do you recommend doing the $50.00 insurance? or is not worth doin?

reakhavok said:
You guys that have been before do you recommend doing the $50.00 insurance? or is not worth doin?
If you have to ask you need it. :D

I am thinking about doing the 2 day. It will eat half my track budget for the year, but hopefully be worth it. I know people who have paid way more for 2 days and ended up mostly driving miatas.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

reakhavok said:
I got an email yesterday from Bryan with some open spots, Ive requested a spot!! hopefully I will be confirmed for one soon!!

I have been asking for an October date from the beginning of January and filled out the forms but have heard nothing back. I suppose I should call them again.

Join the club Slayer. I think things are pretty backed up there so I am sure we will eventually get something scheduled. I am sure the 2013 guys will be backlogged even more. It just gives me more time to learn my car before I go balls out on theirs!

Just an FYI for the hive; Bryan is still slotting people into the additional cars/slots he got. Just this week he got me in for Mon April 23rd thru Tues April 24th.

Boomerstoys

Keep the shiny side up & the rubber side down!

Just paid/confirmed for Boss Track Attack on April 23 & 24. I've elected to do the 2 day program.

Anyone else from the forum going on these dates?

Planning on flying out Sunday in time for the welcome dinner but I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to take a couple days before or after track attack to explore the area.

Only been to Salt Lake for business years ago, and it was a overnight business trip so I'm not familar with the area. I know there are a couple of National Parks that might be doable day trips. Thoughts?

Cheers!

Boomerstoys

M3 Killer, cool! Just made my post about a minute after you did.

Where are you coming from?

Cheers!

Trying to decide on the free one or the 2 day with the FRS upgrade. Cost is mostly the hang up. I can do at least 3 2-day weekends at the local track for the cost, but it wouldn't be in an FRS.

Boomerstoys said:

I'll be coming up from SW Florida.

I don't know if you get over to themustangsource.com, but two guys over there - Jimmy Pribble &
ufnavy06 - are slotted with our dates as well.

I just checked the www.bosstrackattack.com site and now see several dates that are available to register. I just picked April 4th!!! Check it out!!

Boomerstoys

M3 KILLER said:
Boomerstoys said:

I'll be coming up from SW Florida.

I don't know if you get over to themustangsource.com, but two guys over there - Jimmy Pribble &
ufnavy06 - are slotted with our dates as well.

M3 Killer, are you driving both days, 4/23 & 4/24? I'll be flying out from Seattle on Sunday 4/22. Elected to do the second day in a Mustang GT, rather than the fr 500 since the GT should be closer to what I can expect out of the Boss.

Don't really visit themustangsource.com but hey, the more people you from the boards the better.

I'll have 3 days on track at HPDE's up here in PNW before the Boss Track Attack, so I'll at least have a feel for the car at speed. Looking for some good advice from the guys at MMP. They drive these cars virtually every day and know it's tendencies, plus they have great driving resumes.

Have a buddy pilots a 302S that returned from Sears and Thunderhill. His comments, "the car is really fast". He was turning 1:45's at Infinion and 1:56 at Thunderhill. The cyclone was in play.

Said grip is "ridiculos and off camber controll." He was running a variety of "R" compond tires. My plan is to run stock wheels, tires & pads until I get a feel for the car. Then I'll throw on some 18"s and Nitto NT 01. Think one set he ran were Hoosiers.

Can't wait. The car is a TORQUE MONSTER!!!!! You could conceivably drive this thing all day in 3 gear on the street!!!!

If you are going to be attending the welcome dinner on Sun., let plan on meeting then.

Cheers!

c9898916_mother-of-god-super-troopers1.jpeg

I think I run a 2:05 if I am on fire on the full course at Sears, and I thought I was getting fast in my little POS. I run a 2:15 at THill but we usually do the bypass on 5 so it isn't a direct comparison. I have a feeling I am going to enjoy the Boss ;D

Boomerstoys said:
M3 Killer, are you driving both days, 4/23 & 4/24?

I had thought about dropping an extra grand for the second day, but decided on only doing one day.

Boomerstoys said:
Can't wait. The car is a TORQUE MONSTER!!!!! You could conceivably drive this thing all day in 3 gear on the street!!!!

It's an amazing car. I too am looking forward to seeing it put through its paces up at Salt Lake. Should be a good time.

What should i expect as "confirmation" of a BTA date. I've filled out the form online, my credit card was charged,and i received and email basically restating what i signed up for online. Is that a hard confirmation or should I actually get a personal call/email from Bryan or one of the other Miller guys? I dont wanna book flight/hotel until I know my dates are set in stone.

Thanks

Boomerstoys

Reakhavok, that is the extent of confirmation I've received. I did get a call from Shorty prior to the email and I've also contacted their concierge travel partner to see about getting flights, hotel & car through them. I contemplating staying a extra day or two to just see some of the National Parks in the area.

This is just a thought, since my real boss can't make the trip with me so I may just fly in & fly out.

M 3 Killer, my reason for doing the 2nd day was basically to get additional seat time with a instructor that knows this car. Figured I'm spending the money for flight, hotel, car, meals & the rest might as well take the extra day.

Hope we have a good group of like minded "TRACK RATS" that will make this even a better event. A good cold beer, swapping lies, and telling stories of our awesome driving prowess with a couple track addicted people will just be icing on the cake IMHO!!!!

Can't WAIT!!!

Cheers!

I Chose April 5th and 6th which is a Thursday/Friday, So i plan on sticking around thru sunday to check out some of the sights. My wife is tagging along so we will visit some of the national parks and see what else Utah has to offer.
I may just call up to Miller to verify my spot is set before I purchase those plane tickets tho..

reakhavok said:
I Chose April 5th and 6th which is a Thursday/Friday, So i plan on sticking around thru sunday to check out some of the sights. My wife is tagging along so we will visit some of the national parks and see what else Utah has to offer.
I may just call up to Miller to verify my spot is set before I purchase those plane tickets tho..
Head up to Sin City, er Park City while you're there. Stein Eriksen's lodge for Sunday brunch is always a good bet.

http://www.steinlodge.com/dining/glitretind

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel