The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Head up to Sin City, er Park City while you're there. Stein Eriksen's lodge for Sunday brunch is always a good bet.

http://www.steinlodge.com/dining/glitretind

[/quote]

Looks good, I'll make sure to check that out!! Thanks 5 DOT 0

Just signed up for April 16th through the 18th. Anyone els going those days and want to split a rent car? I debated on the whole second day thing but finally decided why the hell not? Yes, I could get a lot of track time at home for that money, but I figure the instruction will be worth it despite my level of experience.

To those that have been, what is there to do local and withing 3 hours drive, (besides what has been posted) coming in to SLC 3 days early.

on top of what to do for two days without the BOSS, can anyone recommend a hotel to stay at.

If you are going soon there is skiing in the area, as well as some beautiful national parks and related scenery. The skiing this year may not be all that great though.

jec246

MTNDOC6 said:
Are most BTA folks staying at the Radisson in SLC?

I go in July and they were already full when I tried to reserve. So try and get in there as early as you can if you're wanting to stay there. I'm staying at the Hampton down the road from the Raddison for just a little more $$. That's what I get for procrastinating I guess...

At last, Track Attack date set 24 April. Anyone else making the trip for the 24th? I had two choices bring my brother or the two day event. Decided to make it a family event, so one day will have to do! Headed up on the 21st, so we should have enough time to see what Utah has to offer. Thanks Bryan for all the help!

Anyone who has been have hotel recommendations? Bryan suggest the Hampton in at the airport and gave me a discount code that made it fairly reasonable, just wondering if there is some place that would be better overall.

orng302 said:
Better in what way? Less expensive, closer, amenities?

Better Location maybe as in close to food, things to do etc. I found some hotels that are closer to the track to but don't know if there is anything out that way to do/eat.

I have not been there yet, but I will be going soon and I am staying at the Radisson in SLC. Not far from the airport and about a 1/2 hr from the track for $95/night. I would think staying in SLC there will be plenty of places to eat and you will be centrally located for whatever.

My wife and I stayed at the American Inn & Suites in Tooele last November. It was about $100 per night including tax. Room was OK and included Wifi, a microwave oven and a small refrigerator. Free breakfast buffet was good. No other meals served there. It is about 10 minutes from the track – very convenient. I would stay there again. We did not explore Tooele, so I’m not sure what all there is to do in the vicinity. This is a motel, so don’t expect the Wynn – Las Vegas.

I would recommend going to the track early the day of your welcome dinner (like about noon). Hang out, see the cars, ask questions. You will be pretty busy the day of the Track Attack. I was unable to go to the track early like that and left with some questions.

Track Attack is an awesome experience!

-- Jim

I attended the 3 day Performance Racing School and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Tooele. Price was reasonable and you get a good selection every morning for the continental breakfast. Miller Motorsports is only 15 minutes away and there are plenty of places to eat with 5-10 minutes from the hotel.

I'm booked at the Holiday Inn Express in Tooele for April 16, 17, 18th. I'm driving in from Dallas. Can I pick anyone up along the way?

Dave

Bad Boss 302 said:
I'm booked at the Holiday Inn Express in Tooele for April 16, 17, 18th. I'm driving in from Dallas. Can I pick anyone up along the way?

Dave

I will be there those dates as well. I thought about driving but it cost more than flying. I have not made up my mind on where to stay.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

bolecailey said:
Bad Boss 302 said:

Dave

I will be there those dates as well. I thought about driving but it cost more than flying. I have not made up my mind on where to stay.

Me too...swing by Cali and pickup my friend and me! ;D We're driving in thru Vegas. We figured to stay closer to the track too. See you guys there.

bolecailey said:
Bad Boss 302 said:

Dave

Better to make your reservations soon. I added the 2nd day to drive the GT500 so my Dinner day is the 15th, my Boss Attack is the 16th, and the GT500 day is the 17th. I had a little trouble getting the 15 th at the Holiday Inn Express but they worked it out. Also, make sure to tell them you are attending the Track Attack school because they will give you a discount. (435) 833-0500.

TMO Supporting Vendors