The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They said they added more cars, I think they have twice as many now. Which allows more participants at a time. I'm torn between doing the 2 day in the FRS or putting the extra cost toward a real racing school since I have kind of plateaued on working on my comp license.

HackBoss302 said:
Bags are packed, I hit the track 24 April. Anyone else on the 24th? See you there!

Chris
I read the BTA cars now have the new BFG Sport Comp 2 tires on them. Let us know what you think of them compared to the stock Pirelli's. Have fun!

Will do, I rather like the stock Pirellis. I use R-comps to autox, but at big tracks a Max street tire seems to provide more communication as to what is going on before things get stupid. Hope to get some on track vidoes as well, any know if they will let you mount a camera?

HackBoss302 said:
Will do, I rather like the stock Pirellis. I use R-comps to autox, but at big tracks a Max street tire seems to provide more communication as to what is going on before things get stupid. Hope to get some on track vidoes as well, any know if they will let you mount a camera?
They let you mount cameras inside the car and encourage you to post on youtube.

Just did the Track Attack at Miller's on Wednesday April 18th. All I can say is that Miller's is a 1st Class act!!!! Also the Best Western in Tooele is a great place to stay.
The Best Western is Clean and the rooms are well updated. There are a lot of places to eat and get a drink in Tooele. The Track is only about 7 Minutes from the Best Western. Our rate was $89.67 a night tax included.

fhawk149 said:
Just did the Track Attack at Miller's on Wednesday April 18th. All I can say is that Miller's is a 1st Class act!!!! Also the Best Western in Tooele is a great place to stay.
The Best Western is Clean and the rooms are well updated. There are a lot of places to eat and get a drink in Tooele. The Track is only about 7 Minutes from the Best Western. Our rate was $89.67 a night tax included.

How far is that from the airport? I assume you rented a car that had to be returned before your flight.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

5 DOT 0 said:
HackBoss302 said:
Bags are packed, I hit the track 24 April. Anyone else on the 24th? See you there!

Chris
I read the BTA cars now have the new BFG Sport Comp 2 tires on them. Let us know what you think of them compared to the stock Pirelli's. Have fun!

There were Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires mounted when I was there...Probably going to get a set for myself soon.

And spring skiing at Snowbird was pretty good considering it was the end of the season.

For 'fine dining' I highly recommend Sostanza Grill in Tooele.

So, looks like my car will finally make an appearance this week. Went to the track attack site and every event is full... Does this mean I have to wait until next year? Will they even have events next year?

Thanks to anyone in the know.
Jeff

askjeffro said:
So, looks like my car will finally make an appearance this week. Went to the track attack site and every event is full... Does this mean I have to wait until next year? Will they even have events next year?

Thanks to anyone in the know.
Jeff

According to the posting below they are almost sold out of 2012 slots

http://www.boss302forum.com/index.php?/topic/14354-do-2013-owners-get-track-attack/page__view__findpost__p__271195

You might be able to book a slot that's open as soon as you know your Boss's exact delivery date. The poster (Bryan Samuels @ MMP) also says for certain there will be more sessions scheduled in 2013, so you shouldn't have a problem.

I guess I'll have to wait until next year, every event shows as full. Good to know more will be offered.

Thanks,
Jeff

askjeffro said:
I guess I'll have to wait until next year, every event shows as full. Good to know more will be offered.

Thanks,
Jeff

Their website may show full from the last time it was updated, but there could be slots that have since reopened. IMO you should contact Byan directly and ask him, if you really don't want to wait until 2013. However, if there's a slot available then Bryan will need your Boss's delivery date to book it.

SoFlaBoss said:
askjeffro said:

Thanks,
Jeff

Their website may show full from the last time it was updated, but there could be slots that have since reopened. IMO you should contact Byan directly and ask him, if you really don't want to wait until 2013. However, if there's a slot available then Bryan will need your Boss's delivery date to book it.

I understand, thanks. Took delivery earlier this week. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel