The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just finished my track session wednesday,it was incredible.It's a great time,those guys really know what there doing.I didn't really know how fast the Boss was until I went for my hot laps,115 on the straits and the G force in the corners was incredible.The guy I rode with has raced for over 30 years.I thought I was going to die in the first 2 or 3 corners.I videoed from inside the car, it turned out pretty good considering I was being slammed side to side in the corners and when he braked for the corners.The track we were on was 2.2 miles,2 laps in under 4 minutes.It was great!I will post video and pic's soon.

Cool review just posted....

http://www.examiner.com/article/review-ford-racing-boss-track-attack

MODS----
Any Chance we can start a Pics and Vids Thread for the track attack? I am sure users like me don't want to go through 27 pages plus to find pics or vids. I didn't want to start a thread about track attack when there is already one without asking.

drano38

Wayne

I'm flying out tomorrow and will do the one-day on Wednesday, 20 Jun.
Taking family along for Salt Lake area vacation for a few days.
I've been tracking the Boss, but will be great to get some instruction from Boss drivers.
I know I'll be better when I get home.

Flying out tomorrow with my son for Monday's session. Any lessons learned on what to bring with us or what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

I'll see y'all there July 16th and 17th. Just trying to decide about adding this for the 18th. My three boys say yeeaahh!

[youtube]iI8s78Can28=1[/youtube]​
[/quote]

drano38

Wayne

Robg64 said:
Flying out tomorrow with my son for Monday's session. Any lessons learned on what to bring with us or what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

From their FAQ:
Do you provide helmets and racing suits?
We do provide helmets for the course but participants are welcome to bring their own if it is rated Snell 2000 or better. We also provide one layer driving suits.

If you have track driving shoes, bring them too.
Other things I've learned to bring to track days - sun glasses, long sleeve shirt, sun screen, floppy hat for sun (I burn easy so like to keep the sun off).
Have fun!

My wife and I will be there for the June 18th dinner and two additonal days of learning and fun.

For those coming out to Utah for the Track Attack, there are lots of great things to do in the summer which balance out your race days.
1. Head up to Park City, about 30 mins from Downtown SLC plenty to do in summer lots of Bars and summer mountain activities.
2. Go see the Utah Museum of Fine arts speed exhibition http://umfa.utah.edu/
3. Brand New World Class Natural History museum if you're into Dinosaurs http://nhmu.utah.edu/
4. Lots of great summer concerts under the stars check out local happenings here http://entertainment.sltrib.com/
5. Head up Little Cottonwood Canyon to Snowbird and ride the tram to top of Mountain. (Looks like Switzerland up there and 30 mins from Downtown, couple of decent restaurants. Hiking
6. You are only about 4-5 hours from either Bryce Canyon, Zions National Park, Moab or Canyonlands. About 7 hours from Grand Canyon
7. Bonneville Salt Flats about 1 hours west of MMSP but it is a yaner if nothing going on. just flat white salt!
8. 6 hours to Vegas and the Shelby offices at LV speedway.

Lots to do within a few hours if you make the time. If you have specific questions send me a PM and I'll give you some ideas.

Too much around to get hung up on just the racing guys.......

drano38

Wayne

Budget rental car has '13 Mustang GT, manuals, at Salt Lake. Don't know price--walked by them on the way to my Dollar Impala :(

I'll be there on the 18th and 19th of June and bringing the Boss. After MMS headed to Mazda Laguna Seca with the North Cal Shelby club to run the track. I figured being so close I needed to run on LS.

BossLS said:
I'll be there on the 18th and 19th of June and bringing the Boss. After MMS headed to Mazda Laguna Seca with the North Cal Shelby club to run the track. I figured being so close I needed to run on LS.
And you won't be disappointed. I was there yesterday with Trackmasters. The Shelby club added those dates right after I paid otherwise I'd be there this coming weekend. Where do you live? You'll drive right past me on your way to LS.

Had a great day at Miller Motor Sports Park today. Had more track time than I expected. The instructors were great and I really enjoyed the ride-alongs and hot laps with them. A real eye opener for me. Sadly, my 17 year-old son ran the the course better in a modified GT than I was able to do in a Laguna Seca, He claimed he hit 115 mph on the straight section after Tooele Turn. I only managed to touch 105 or so on my best lap before hitting the brakes hard.

All in all, a great experience. Very glad I made the trip. I highly encourage those of you that haven't made the trip yet to do so as soon as you are able.

Rob G

drano38

Wayne

I did Track Attack on 20 Jun, and had a great time!
Miller is an outstanding facility.
I agree with RobG, if you haven't signed up, do it! Even if you don't plan to track your Boss, at least go and see what it can do. I was the only one in my class who had already tracked my Boss, and only one classmate wants to in the future.
So sign up--see what this car was made to do. You'll be glad you did.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Central Florida

BTA- It is a first class operation at Miller Motor Sports. Larry Miller built a great facility.
Drove the Yellow Blaze Mustang on the June 19th- Very cool to have your name n the windshield.
The class and track time is worth the trip, heel to toe run outs, track time and the whole program is superb. Just got my speed and breaking working well and the day ended, - do the extra day, if you can; I wish I had now. Now I plan on doing some more track time with my Boss and slowly expand my driving skills.
Like dscowan said lots to see around Salt Lake area ,I have flown through SLC many times over the years and never visited the City,
Also- the Salt Flats are a blast after doing the Fusion training car, took the Hyundai rental out onto the flats a few miles for doughnuts and got that sticky salt all over it- and don't worry it’s a rental. Did the quarter wash before turning that puppy in. Not much to see but being out on the flats was kind of a childhood dream. Temple Square and Family History Center are also worthwhile, Went up to the Copper Mine on the way back one day and it’s worth the trip with the view of SLC and the mine.
Enjoy your Boss Track Attack

BTA is awesome and the people there need to be commended for the job they do. They do it because they love it and you can tell. They really care that you have a great time. I was there on the 18th and 19th and first day with the Boss. They try and match you with a Boss like yours. I stayed the second day and took an FR500 out. What a car but what do you expect it's a race car. When I left took my Boss to Laguna Seca and ran with the Nor Cal Shelby club. Had a blast. Now I can cross two tracks off my Bucket list. 5Dot0 I live in Virginia so trailered my Boss cross country. Sorry didn't read the post or would have stopped and let you buy me coffee so we could swap lies.

I just signed up for October 21-22.

This years slots have filled up fast. There's only a few open dates left.

Anyone looked at the registration page lately? It says there are controls to scroll through the dates but I don't see any. I tried both FF and Explorer

http://www.bosstrackattack.com/index.php/register

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel