The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That will give me a reason to break in my driving shoes. I leave on the 5th of Sept. Can't believe the time has come!

Finally, next Thursday Sept. 6th my Track Attack will start, I had put this off to go with two other buddies from KY, we are going nuts with anticipation!

Today is the day! Look forward to meeting fellow Boss owners in SLC. Wishing everyone a safe flight out today. See ya there!

Hopefully I can make it next year. You guys have me jealous. They told me I had to do it within a year of purchase but since I've been overseas since it started they are going to try and make an exception. I fly back to the states in May so hopefully something lines up.

A couple points of advice; first of all, take advantage of this opportunity. It is a blast. Secondly, go with a group if possible; me and two buddies went together and it even added to the fun. Don't know anyone with a Boss? They are all over these forums, that's how we met. Great meeting the other guys in last Friday's class as well.

My wife and I are driving down for the 25th,26th & 27th of Sept, we have his & her Bosses, scheduled 2nd day on the track, getting excited, anyone else going?

Zoldier said:
Hopefully I can make it next year. You guys have me jealous. They told me I had to do it within a year of purchase but since I've been overseas since it started they are going to try and make an exception. I fly back to the states in May so hopefully something lines up.

Who told you that? I have been on the waitlist for months and have talked to them in person and was assured that every Boss buyer would get to use their track day even if it took time. If that is not the case anymore then I need to get off the waitlist soon or I'm screwed.

I just emailed them to verify, I'll post up what they respond.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

I wrote an article about my Track Attack experience that I submitted to FRPP's media group last week; it should be coming out in the next "Fast News From Ford Racing" newsletter in the next few weeks or month.

CaliMR said:
Zoldier said:

Who told you that? I have been on the waitlist for months and have talked to them in person and was assured that every Boss buyer would get to use their track day even if it took time. If that is not the case anymore then I need to get off the waitlist soon or I'm screwed.

I just emailed them to verify, I'll post up what they respond.

I spoke with Bill At MMP.

They haven't responded to my email yet. Maybe I should call them.

I just gave them a call, you have to schedule it with in a year. The actual date you go does not need to be within a year. And they should have the 2013 dates announced in the next couple weeks.

jec246

I think they should expand this and make it an annual thing for all BOSS owners free of charge. ;D Anyone else agree?? I really really want to go back!

Anyone done the Raptor school? I have been toying with the idea of doing both since I am there, if the schedule allows it.

I tried to get in due Utah Wide open (Baja) was cancelled but it was not setup yet. I was really looking forward to it while I was there. Let us know if you decide to do it.

If the dates match up well, I'll probably give it a try. I know a couple people who race trophy trucks or whatever they are called now, and have been wanting to try some high speed off road stuff.

CaliMR said:
They haven't responded to my email yet. Maybe I should call them.

I just gave them a call, you have to schedule it with in a year. The actual date you go does not need to be within a year. And they should have the 2013 dates announced in the next couple weeks.

That sounds better. Either way I was screwed since I bought mine in April of last year. I have to email him back in afew weeks to check on the 2013 dates.

I keep thinking about doing this as I would LOVE to drive a Boss to its full potential. (or attempt to anyways lol) so IF I go, Boss owners get to go free of charge for a day and half (Via Ford)? I pay for my flight, lodging, and rental car right? IF I want to do a 2nd day it cost's me $1000? ouch! I just bought my 2013 on Aug 20th of 2012 and I have a year to use this up correct?

You have to go!! you will not drive it to its full potential unless you have many tracking hours under your belt, the instructors will prove this too you! it is free for you and a non driver can go and do all but in car (until ride along at end of day) for $50. Seconds day is best option if you can afford as you will be hooked. (I think it is less than a G). although the host hotels are in SLC you might find a better value in Toole. I remember seeing 3 or 4 nice ones (not much to do in town though)

Fordman9870 said:
You have to go!! you will not drive it to its full potential unless you have many tracking hours under your belt, the instructors will prove this too you! it is free for you and a non driver can go and do all but in car (until ride along at end of day) for $50. Seconds day is best option if you can afford as you will be hooked. (I think it is less than a G). although the host hotels are in SLC you might find a better value in Toole. I remember seeing 3 or 4 nice ones (not much to do in town though)

so its not really "1 1/2 days" that Ford pays for right, its just a day? I would LOVE to do the 2nd day but I wont be able to (unless I get a fat ER Christmas bonus this year that I dont know about yet) lol flying there from kansas city missouri and $100 a night for a hotel isnt too bad though vs the experience I would have.

You go to a dinner the night before and get a tour of the Miller Museum, then report back the next morning and are the go till 5:30 pm
I flew from Springfield IL to SLC and the price for those 2 tickets where as much as I spent for 5 RT tickets from ST. Louis to San Diego!!
Book Early, get a cheap rental (advantage) and I hope you get to do the second day. If not, what you learn and the fun you have is worth it!!

Just do it. Fly in the day before, fly out the night of, between all the stuff probably $3-400 since the actual event is free. Even if you never intend to track your car. It isn't really free, it is built into the cost of your car, and like the red key it is part of the experience and I think most people would regret not doing it in the long run.

You have 1 year to set a date, but the date can be later than 1 year.

TMO Supporting Vendors