The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flight96

69 Mustang Vert Restomod BOSS 351 & 2013 BOSS 302
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brewmaster said:
I just got back from TA and without a doubt it was THE MOST FUN I have ever had in my life! And I'm an older fart who (trust me) has had a lot of fun in my life.

Mike

Hey Mike,
Sounds like you and I are in the same 'car'.... I keep telling the wife, "I drive way too fast to worry about cancer"... I'm just another old fart trying to enjoy the rest of my life ! And this just sounds like WAY too much fun !

Hey Mike,
Sounds like you and I are in the same 'car'.... I keep telling the wife, "I drive way too fast to worry about cancer"... I'm just another old fart trying to enjoy the rest of my life ! And this just sounds like WAY too much fun !"

You can't be a wastin' any time when you're 112! ;D

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict

Just finished Day 1...such an amazing opportunity. Those of you not taking advantage are definitely missing out. The "payback" lap was an eye opener...and the skidpad exercises were definitely a highlight. ;D

fiddlefadel said:
I wore mine on May 27-28 :)

Dave
Good job! I'm surprised I wasn't flooded with shirt orders after that. ::)

Snake Handler said:
It was nice meeting you and your lovely wife.
Ed.

nice meeting you to Ed, and i must say all the Boss owners and families were really nice people

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict

big red one said:
nice meeting you to Ed, and i must say all the Boss owners and families were really nice people

Indeed, great time with you guys there! We'll have to go back for the remainder of the classes.

Mike

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska

well made it to salt lake...
the wife's toyotas "run flats" ran beyond flat...
so shredded... no spare... don't need one right?
just hoping the next two days are going to make up for it...

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska

GB899 said:
just hoping the next two days are going to make up for it...

day one done.... so tired... so happy... one guy tripped the odometer....
78 miles on track.... wow... the heat was terrible... but fun...
i really found out what the car can do... and not do with me at the wheel...

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!

Fiddler49 said:
Those hot laps are exciting and humbling, aren't they?

They are. You think you are driving fast and pushing the car and then they drive and you realize you are maybe getting 60% out of the car.

How about the van ride around the track at speed? 13 passenger Club Wagon flying around the track. We were hanging on. LOL

Brian

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska

Fiddler49 said:
Very humbling... I thought I was doing pretty well until the hot laps...
day 2 was fun... but I really wish it was back in the Boss... not the GT...
new car and new track was more than I was ready to process in the record heat..
I am really glad I wasn't in the FR500... I would not have fit... my "little" brother had to have the seat pads removed just to fit in the GT... I probably should have done the same so I could turn my head with the helmet on and not hit the roll cage...

way too much fun... but someone out there broke the Grabber Blue one... so sad..

Fiddler49 said:

Very eye opening! I was lucky enough to have "Front Row" Joe Foster to ride with!

http://www.dempseyracing.net/drivers/show/4178-joe-foster/

My second day was in the FR500S and it was a lot of fun but I agree that a with a second day in the boss I would have learned more. I was sore for several days after TA too. A lot of it was just getting in and out of the 500 as I'm am 6'4" and 280 and not as young as I used to be. All in all it was a total blast!!

GB899 said:
Very humbling... I thought I was doing pretty well until the hot laps...
day 2 was fun... but I really wish it was back in the Boss... not the GT...
new car and new track was more than I was ready to process in the record heat..
I am really glad I wasn't in the FR500... I would not have fit... my "little" brother had to have the seat pads removed just to fit in the GT... I probably should have done the same so I could turn my head with the helmet on and not hit the roll cage...

way too much fun... but someone out there broke the Grabber Blue one... so sad..
Bummer :( I drove that GB Boss the prior week.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska

Zoldier said:
Has anyone who attended last month received their gloves yet?

The gloves should be coming soon... I promised I would not tell how I know...
but I now have my pair... they only got a partial shipment... but they will come...as promsed

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel