The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GB899 said:
The gloves should be coming soon... I promised I would not tell how I know...
but I now have my pair... they only got a partial shipment... but they will come...as promsed

Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

cbj5259 said:
Roll bar mount if you want to mount it inside the cockpit or a suction mount for mounting outside the car.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if they would permit the camera mounted outside the car.

Follow up question, where on the outside do they allow the suction cup to be attached? Fender, hood, roof? Thanks.

askjeffro said:
Follow up question, where on the outside do they allow the suction cup to be attached? Fender, hood, roof? Thanks.

I can only go by what I saw in my class, but the two guys who had exterior mounted go pros had the mounted on the windshield (top center). Not saying other locations are not permissible, but that's what they did.

They will let you mount the suction cup anywhere on the car you choose. They just won't let you use the adhesive mounts.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict

I had mine mounted on the B-Pillar of the car with the suction cup mount, stayed nice and planted on both the 302 and the FR500. As others have stated, no adhesive mounts and if it's inside the car it has to have a rollbar mount. Otherwise you can put it wherever you want on the outside with a suction cup mount. I was in the 130mph range on the front straight of the West course and the camera didn't budge.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss

askjeffro said:
For those that want to bring a GoPro camera, what mount is permitted for use?

Thanks.

I mounted mine with the suction cup on the inside of the windshield.

You will be asked to turn the GoPro off for the two hot laps at the end....if you want the full experience.....that's all I can say about that.

Wayne

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict

Senderofan said:
I mounted mine with the suction cup on the inside of the windshield.

You will be asked to turn the GoPro off for the two hot laps at the end....if you want the full experience.....that's all I can say about that.

Wayne

My instructor let me film the payback lap...just asked that I not post it on youtube ;)

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss

Boostd4 said:
My instructor let me film the payback lap...just asked that I not post it on youtube ;)

That would have been amazing for me to capture on video. But...I was told that MMP did not want to risk any video getting out into public. So...I was told there were two different rides....one with the Go Pro. And the other, the real hot laps, without the video.

Guess you had a more "Relaxed" pro driver than I did.....guess my guy didn't know that I haven't a clue how to post a video...and I wouldn't anyway....just for home consumption.

Wayne

I was there on July 3rd in car #4. What a great program! You think you are doing pretty good until you go out with the pros driving! I turned my car over to the instructor for hot laps. He was on his second outing (maybe 5 laps after I had the car) and the brakes went out! He put it into the gravel sideways (I think) by pulling the e-brake. Everybody and everything was ok, just glad it didn't happen to me!!!! The program director came in after the awards ceremony to tell us that a brake line had broke.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel